CHAPTER 38

Lisa's POV

We arrive at Asan lunch time and I found out that uncle is always at the restaurant of unnie. Maybe he always got bored inside his house and just go here.

"Grandpops!" LA shouted when he saw uncle sitting near the counter and talking to Dara unnie.

Uncle turn his head to LA and spreads his arms wide open.

"I missed you! How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good! Aunt Somi always plays with me." He answered.

Uncle lift up his head to me and gesture me to hug him. Of course I did it.

"I'm happy you go back here." He said.

"Uncle, it's your request." I answered him.

Uncle diverted his gazed to my son and told him to play for awhile and he will just talk to me. We go the corner part of the restaurant and he put some drinks in front of me.

"How have you been?" He started.

"I'm fine, uncle. I told you that I can handle myself." I told him.

"I heard to Joy that you took leave for 3 days. I told you not to get yourself work too much." He said with concern.

"Something came up. I'm not pushing myself into limit. You can asked Joy if you want." I answered him.

"Then why are you not with Joy?" He raised his brows.

I sighed "She's working at the company. No one will manage it when we go here at the same time. Besides, I go here to asked if Chaeyoung is still here." I told him.

"Chaeyoung? Park Chaeyoung?" He asked confused.

"No, Son Chaeyoung. She's Dara Unnie's cousin."

"Do you perhaps know something about that kid? Her last name was very familiar to me." Uncle said.

"There's a lot of Son in here. Anyways, all I know is that she was beaten by her step dad. That's why Unnie get her. But I wasn't aware that she left the resto." I answered her.

"What do you need to her?"

"I was looking for her to manage Jennie. Her manager is very useless. And I can't supervise her if something happened. I needed someone who will look after her when we shoot." I answered him and he just nodded.

"Did the two of you talked already?" I nodded and sighed again.

"It's not good. She admitted that she still loves me. I don't want to give her hopes." I look down.

"Are you afraid? Do you love Joy?" I lifted my head to uncle.

I was about to answer him but I can't just lie to him. He treat me as his own daughter and I think he deserves to know.

"I like her. But love? I don't know."

FLASHBACK

"I don't want to make things more complicated, Joy." I said to her.

"Lis, you don't need to love me. You know that." She answered.

"I know that I've been too good to you, I've been very caring and sweet but I just can't, Joy. I don't want to hurt you." I told her and starting to feel frustrated.

"Look at me. I know, she's still inside this." She pointed my heart. "I can't change it. But I can't also change the fact of loving you, Lis. You don't need to force yourself. I just want to be at your side. I want to make sure you'll be fine. I can take care of Alexander also. You don't need to love me. I just want to help." Joy said to me.