58.3:"Lost in questions"

Start from the beginning

She didn't realize that he was standing in front of her with his hands in his pocket as he gazes down at her as if reading all the torments and suffering out loud.

He watches just how beautifully her lashes shield her evenly beautiful eyes. And he wants to be someone who shields her in similar ways. Watching her panicking even when he didn't think much of it back then because he was busy glaring at a specific bastard. He can't shake off the fear that she had in her eyes. He wants to find the source of it so he can have a good session with them.

"What are you overthinking about?"

How did he know? Did she say all that out loud? How can she be so dumb? She knows she shouldn't have started studying because she wasn't even good enough to brighten someone's life.

"You are still doing it". He said, compelling her gaze over at him and she obey, forgetting what her brain was saying a moment ago, "Am I troubling you?"

No. You are comforting me.

She shakes her head feeling as voicing her thoughts out was too much.

"Then you think you are troubling me?" He was good at reading people something he had to learn the hard way, and when she nodded all he wanted to do was confess how much her presence comforts him, "Don't bother your brain with it. If there is something you should know about me is that I do not do things I don't like. No one has that power over me". She furrow her brows at his words, as he clicks his tongue to his left cheek, "What I mean is that I am here because I want to".

Does he want to stay? Maybe he wants to read?

"Are you a student?"

"Do I look like one?"

She bites her lips, looking from his tight black jean to his black hoodie which looks so comfy. She shakes her thought away and watches the bruises on his face making her flinch.

"Do I look that bad?" He joked and honestly he was anxious

What if she is scared of him now? What if aftershock left her body and she realize that he was a monster? God, he would do anything to go back and not take that damn challenge if it meant he can meet her again.

"You are overthinking". She whispers very softly and he felt his heart do a flip

Shit!

He gazes at her, "I am. But I think I have good reasons. I can't say the same about someone like you".

She tilts her head to look at him better, and this has to be a record that she spoke to a male and looked at him for this long. That small tilt was framed in his mind forever because he finds it adorable. He is turning mushy now.

"You don't know what I hide".

"Want to do a challenge to know whose at worst?"

A frown ceases at her beautiful face and he wants to take a step and wipe it away with his fingers. Just the mere thought of his finger touching her skin sends his body and mind jittery.

"It's not a good thing". She said as she sighs, "Pain is not a good thing".

"Yet we continue to hold it so tightly to us".

His words hit her. Why was she holding onto her pain? The pain that has now become her past for the rest of her life. Why isn't she burying it?

"It is a part of me".

He shakes his head, as his lips tarts out wetting his dry lips, an action she follows.

"It was a part of you".