You/Petra Ral - Understanding

"Petra? Petra? Petra!"

"Huh?! What?!"

Hange laughs as they watch Petra panic.

"Everything alright, Cadet? Did the paper do something to you?"

They say, quietly laughing when Petra's eyes widen slightly as they notice the crumpled paper in her hands.

"Squad Leader Hange! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your research notes..."

"It's quiet alright, Petra. Is something bothering you? You haven't been exactly focused these past few days."

Petra sighs as she attempts to straighten the papers again. When none of the wrinkles go away, she gives up and pulls out another piece of paper to rewrite them.

"It's just, (y/n). She...."

"cheated on you?"

"What?! She cheated on me?"

Hange is quick to calm her down, reassuring her that it was only a question. Not a statement.

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to make a joke and it was in poor taste. Please continue with what you were saying."

With Hange's permission, Petra continues.

"I just don't understand what she sees in me. Why did she agree to date me when she could be dating someone like Mikasa. She's clearly much better than me. I only got into Levi's squad by some miracle. I'll be lucky to even remain in his squad by the end of the year. Mikasa is going to replace..."

"Cadet Ral, I'm going to have to stop you there. Levi handpicked you because he saw you as a perfect addition to his squad. Don't sell yourself short. As for (y/n), picking you, it's because she fell in love with you. Not for your skills or the money you make...."

"I barely make scraps..."

"Not my point. I'm just trying to say that she fell in love with you because you're you."

Petra didn't believe her but she knew if she didn't agree to what Hange was saying, the scientist will go on and on until they saw that Petra believed.

"You're right. I was just being silly."

"Yeah, you were. Now focus on the experiment. Levi only let me borrow you for a while."

X

"I'm sorry, sir! I don't know..."

"Training is over! Get out of my face."

Petra tried to explain herself to Levi but he just ignored her.

"Sir, if I could just...."

"I said training was over! Go away."

He slams the door in her face, and that manages to finally get rid of her. He waits until he's sure that she's gone before heading out to find you. He didn't need for Petra to explain herself, he knew you were the reason why she wasn't doing well in the exercises.

X

You let out a high-pitched scream when you're suddenly slammed against the wall and a blade pressed against your neck. If you weren't so scared, you would've laughed at the fact that someone so tiny had so much strength.

"You need to fix things with Petra."

"W..what? What's going on?"

"She can't concentrate in training because of you. If you don't fix things, she's going to die because of you. Do you want her to die?"

"N..no! Of course not!"

"Then fix your shit with her. Don't make me push this through your chest. I'm not losing a squad member for something stupid. Understand?"

You quickly nod and he turns around, walking back as if he didn't just threaten your life a few seconds ago. Catching your breath, you hurry to find Petra.

X

You weren't sure what you needed to fix but if Captain Levi had to threaten you to fix it then you must've done something wrong.

"Petra!" The girl stops and turns around as you call her name. You quickly jog to catch up to her. "Uh, I don't know exactly what's going on but Captain Levi said something's wrong. He said you haven't been able to concentrate. That it was my fault."

"That's ridiculous. I'm fine."

"He said you were going to die because of me. I don't want for that to happen. Please just tell me what's wrong."

Petra's quick to give in, unable to hold out on you.

"Why me?"

"What?"

"Why me? Why did you decide to ask me out instead of someone like Mikasa. She's far better than me at everything. It's only a matter of time before she takes my spot."

You cup her cheeks and let your head rest against her forehead.

"I love you and only you. I have eyes for only you, Petra. I love everything about you and there's no one in the world that I would rather be with."

"But..."

You lean in to kiss her, stopping her from arguing with you.

"You're the one for me, Petra. You're the one I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with."

Petra lets out a breath of relief as she hears your words. She knew it was silly for doubting you but she couldn't help herself as she watched you with Mikasa.

"and you're the one for me, (y/n)."

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Yelena ... - ??

------------