Mikasa Ackerman/Annie Leonhart - Schedule

AN: Reader is a child throughout the story.

Mikasa and Annie looked down at the child that had just been given to them

Mikasa and Annie looked down at the child that had just been given to them. Neither of them knew the first thing of taking care of a child, much less one that was crying.

"Do something, Ackerman."

"What do you want me to do? I don't know how to comfort a kid."

"Eren is basically a kid. Just do what you do with him to stop her cries."

Mikasa rolls her eyes as she kneels besides you to be at your eye level. She attempts to grab your attention but you don't spare her a glance as you continue to cry for your parents. They had promised to be back for supper and they've already been gone for so long. You were hungry and scared.

"She's not listening. You try something, Leonhart."

Annie sighs as she kneels beside her. She really hated that they took advantage of the fact that they were dating. Claiming that taking care of the kid would be a learning experience for the future.

"Are you hungry? I have something that you could eat. Just stop crying. Come on, don't you want some food?" At the mention of food, your cries and tears finally stop. You look at her with a curious look in your eyes as she digs through her pockets for the snack she had saved to eat later. "Okay, good. Here, it's not as tasty but it's all we have. I promise to get you something better when we head back."

You just nod as you take her nutrition bar and start munching on it.

As you quietly ate, the two of them talked amongst each other to try to figure out how to tell you the news about your parents.

"We can't tell her. She's already been through so much. We need to wait until we get back, Annie."

"No. We need to tell her. She's not going to want to leave. She'll think that her parents are going to eventually return."

They continue arguing back and forth between each other until you grab their attention by tugging on Mikasa's cloak.

"Can you help me find my parents, miss?"

Mikasa bends down to pick you up in her arms. She gives you a small smile as she starts walking down the road. Annie walks beside her, trying to figure out what Mikasa was going to do. The small conversation that Mikasa has with you makes her smile as she distracts you with talking about all the animals that she had seen in the forest.

"Do you think my parents will take me to go see them, Miss Mikasa?"

"I think they might....."

Annie stops walking, forcing Mikasa to stop walking as well. Annie held on to her hand as she turned to face you. She knew that Mikasa was trying to delay the news to avoid causing you pain but she couldn't bare lying to you.

"(y/n), they're not going to come...."

"Annie, not another word. She's..."

"Mikasa! How can you not want to tell her the truth. She deserves to know--"

"She's a child! We can't just tell her like she's an adult."

You didn't want to continue seeing them fight so you buried your face in Mikasa's neck. Your action stops their arguing as they focus back on you.

"We have to tell you something, (y/n). Can you look at us?" It takes you a minute to listen to Annie. Whatever she was going to tell you was not going to be something good. You might be a kid but you could tell from the sudden shift in her tone. "Your parents are not going to come back. They died when the titans broke the wall."

You immediately start to cry at the mention of your parents death. Mikasa holds you tighter as you bury your face on her neck and grip her cloak tighter. The two of them whisper words of comfort to you until your cries eventually turn into sobs.

"We're going to take care of you, (y/n). I know that we're not your parents and that we'll never be able to replace them but we'll treat you like our daughter."

Mikasa was surprised with Annie's words. They hadn't discussed adopting you as their child but she wasn't opposed to the idea. It would be difficult to take care of you as members of the military but she had a feeling the two of them would make it work. If they put their mind to something, they would get things done.

"She's right. We'll take care of you, (y/n)."

You didn't say anything as you were already falling asleep. You were exhausted after crying so much and learning that your parents had died.

"Get some sleep. We have a long trip back to the inner walls."

Annie tells you as she watched you struggle to keep your eyes open. With the help of Mikasa's humming, you eventually fell asleep. The two of them resumed their walk back to join the others as they suddenly came to the realization that they were going to be mothers.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Historia Reiss - Jealous

Mikasa Ackerman - Attention

Rico B.... - Tired

Mikasa Ackerman - Hurt

Historia Reiss - Comfort

Mikasa Ackerman - Family

Annie Leonhart - Use

Mikasa Ackerman/Annie Leonhart - Crystal

------------