You/Hange Zoe - 132(SPOILERS for Ch.132)

Hange didn't even have to say anything for you to know exactly what they were thinking

"Don't you fucking dare, Hange."

"I have to. It's my turn now. I need to do this."

You gripped the front of their shirt with both hands and pulled them to you.

"You fucking promised me, Hange. You said you were going to stop being reckless! This is you being reckless. There must be another way."

Hange took your hands and pulled them off of their shirt so they could hold them.

"I'm running out of time. I've already made up my mind. I'm sorry." They gave you a sad smile as they wiped away your tears. "It'll be ok. You're strong..."

"I'm not strong! I need you!"

Hange looked over to Levi, silently pleading for him to help them. With a sigh he makes his way over to the two of you.

"Wrap it up. We need to go. We'll never make it out of here if we don't leave."

"They're going to kill themselves, Levi! How can you be so calm about this!? Do something!"

Levi glared at you, hating how you were making things harder than they were supposed to be. He knew you were only trying to save Hange but their sacrifice was crucial. They would give them enough time to escape. Just like he had let Erwin sacrifice himself, he was going to do it with Hange.

"This is their duty! They're the commander of the Scouts and they lead by example. Let them do this."

"No! I'm not letting them kill themselves."

It was a miracle that Hange hadn't given in and followed you back to the ship. They knew if they continued to listen to your cries, they wouldn't have the courage to go through with their plan. They gave Levi a nod before leaning in to kiss you.

"(y/n), I hereby appoint you 15th Commander of the Survey Scouts."

She whispered to you as she pulled back and turned around to make her way to the titans. You reached to grab her but Levi held you back.

"We need to go."

"No! I need to go back! Let me go! HANGE!!!!"

You screamed their name at the top of your lungs, hoping they would turn back around but all seemed to do was make your throat hurt. It was pointless. All you could was watch as the love of your life sacrificed their life to give you time to escape.

X

Despite being the new commander of the scouts, they all kept a distance. The only one who wasn't afraid to approach you was Levi.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Quit wallowing in your self-pity. This is pathetic even for you. Hange would...."

"Fuck you! You have no right. You don't know what they would've wanted! You let them kill themselves."

He scoffs as you yell at him. If you were anyone else, he would've beaten you to a pulp.

"They came to me one night if there ever came a time where sacrifices needed to be made. They made me promise to keep you safe and that's what I did. I brought you back safely. They made you commander of the scouts so act like it. We need you." He throws a letter with your name written in Hange's handwriting on top of your desk. "They told me to give this to you when you needed it. I guess the time is now.

He turns around and makes his way out, leaving you alone with the letter. You stare at it for the longest time, tears silently spilling as you realizing that Hange had always known something like this would happen. When you've managed to calm down, you rip open the letter.

Y/n,

I know you must be angry at me for whatever I did and I'm sorry. Know that my sacrifice was a last resort and needed to be done. As Scouts, we joined the corps knowing that there would come a time that we would need to sacrifice ourselves for the glory of humanity. I'm truly sorry that I couldn't keep my promise to you. I wish we would've had more time but in a world like this, it was inevitable that our time would be cut short. I trust that the scouts are in good hands with you as the commander. I know you never signed up to take the role but you were the only logical choice.....

I love you,

Hange Zoe

You had to skim the rest of the letter as you were unable to read with the tears in your eyes. The words were getting smudged so you folded it and shoved it in your pocket. For the rest of the day, you refused to leave Hange's office as you shed the last of your tears. Hange had made you commander of the scouts because they trusted you. Levi had been right, you couldn't let them down.

X

The next day, you called a meeting with all the squad leaders.

"In honor of Hange and the rest of our fallen comrades, we'll kill Eren and finish what they started."

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Pieck Finger - Armor

Historia Reiss - Apologies

Sasha Blouse - Regret

Hitch Dreyse - Uncommon Part 2

------------