You/Mikasa Ackerman - Break Part 2

Mikasa had become even more reserved than before

Mikasa had become even more reserved than before. She hardly spoke unless it was absolutely necessary and whenever she wasn't sulking about the breakup, she was training until she was exhausted to take her mind off of you. The breakup had devastated her. As far as she knew, there weren't any issues in your relationship. The two of you were happy with the way things were going.

Eren and Armin watched as Mikasa continued to pound on the sack hanging from the ceiling. It was a miracle that the bag was even standing after the beatings that Mikasa put it through.

"Levi is not going to be happy with the mess you'll make when you rip it open."

She ignored them, choosing to focus all her energy on exhausting herself. When she was tired, she barely had time to think of you.

"Mikasa, this isn't good for you. It's better for you to talk about your feelings. This isn't a healthy coping mechanism."

Armin's eyes widened in surprised when Mikasa turned around to glare at him. He had never been on the receiving end of it and he hated that he managed to earn one. He was beginning to second guess Eren's plan.

"This is perfectly healthy, Armin. I'm not trying to get myself killed like Eren nor am I spending my days crying myself to sleep like you."

Armin turned to Eren, the two of them realizing they had made a big mistake. Mikasa had never acted this way with them. It was always reserved to those that attempted to hurt either of them."

"Mikasa, we.."

"We'll leave you alone! Enjoy your training session."

Eren covers Armin's mouth with his hand before he spills anything about what happened. She eyes them suspiciously but doesn't bother to stop them as Eren drags Armin out the room.

X

Finally away from Mikasa's earshot, the two of them talk about what happened.

"You need to tell her Eren! We need to come clean! I should've never agreed to this. You lost your chance, Mikasa is happy."

"Are you really going to say that Mikasa is better off with (y/n)?"

"Yes! Have you not seen the way Mikasa has been for the past couple of days?"

"She'll get over it and when she does, I'll finally have my chance."

Having heard enough, Mikasa steps out from where she had been hiding. The two of them were awfully suspicious so she figured that they had gotten themselves into some trouble that they didn't want to talk to her about. She didn't think that she was going to find out about what they had done.

"The two of you better explain what you're talking about?"

Armin tells her everything within the second she appeared. While Mikasa had protected them from any outside threat, there was no guarantee that she wouldn't beat them for what they had done.

"I'm sorry! Eren threatened to hurt Annie! I had no choice."

Mikasa doesn't give them any reaction other than taking off her scarf and handing it to Eren. The two of them just stood there as she walked away. They had expected for her to beat them, even yell at them but they didn't get anything and that was worse than a beating.

X

You covered your eyes at the insistent knocking in hopes that whoever was knocking to get the hint and go away. Almost a minute of knocking passes by and you finally give in. When you see that it's Mikasa, you planned to turn her away but you stop when you see that her scarf was missing.

"What happened to your scarf?"

"I gave it back to Eren but that doesn't matter. I need to explain to you what happened when you broke up with me."

"Mikasa, there's nothing you could say that would make me change my mind. If that's how you really feel about me then there's no point for us to date."

"Please. Give me a chance to explain."

You sigh and motion for her to continue. Mikasa rushes through the explanation that Armin told her. The more you listen, the more upset you got.

"I didn't think that the two of them would do something like that. I'm sorry, Mikasa. I should've talked to you about it. I should've known better."

Mikasa makes her way over to you, cupping your cheeks before kissing you. When the two of you pull back, she lets her forehead rest against yours.

"Can we get back together?"

"You still want to get back together after what happened? I just broke up with you without ever getting an explanation from you."

"You were hurt. I don't blame you. I love you and I need you back in my life."

You couldn't deny the fact that you needed her back. The couple of days without her had been pure hell.

"Only if you let me make it up to you."