You/Hange Zoe - Cost

You woke up gasping for air, suddenly feeling like you couldn't breath

You woke up gasping for air, suddenly feeling like you couldn't breath. When you opened your eyes, you realized that the hot steam was stopping you from properly breathing. You weren't sure where you were or what had happened, all you needed to know at the moment was on how to escape the hot steam. You attempt to sit up, only to cry out in pain from the injuries that you had sustained. All you wanted to do was lay down and try again when you were healed but you couldn't do so. The steam was getting hotter by the second and it was nearly burning you. If you didn't get out soon enough, the hot steam would surely kill you.

Pushing through the pain, you're able to finally stand up with the help of titan bones. You weren't sure what direction to take so you just headed straight in hopes that you would eventually be able to get away from the burning steam.

X

Your eyes were watering and you knew that if you didn't get out in the next minute, you were going to pass out. Your lungs were burning as you forced yourself to continue until you eventually came to a clearing. Taking a deep breath, you let out a sigh of relief. There were burns all over your body but you had safely made it outside the steam. Deciding to take a break, you let yourself fall back on the ground after making sure that there weren't any nearby titans. You didn't want to fall asleep in an open field but you had no choice, you were exhausted and you needed to rest. Closing your eyes, you quickly fell asleep.

X

When you woke up again, it was already dark. It was the perfect time to figure out where you were so you slowly walked around the area to see if you could see anything that looked familiar. It was too dark to see anything, the only thing that was visible was a nearby lake. You decided to follow it, knowing that eventually you would come across a village.

On your walk, brief flashes of what had happened suddenly fill your mind. You remember seeing a cadet about to be eaten and then hearing Hange attempting to stop you from helping them. There were too many titans surrounding him so the rescue mission guaranteed death. You weren't sure how you were alive but you were grateful to still be breathing.

The burns and wounds were painful. The only thing that was pushing you to continue walking along the lake was because you wouldn't be able to survive in the open field. There weren't even any trees so you could climb up with your gear.

A couple of hours had passed by when you finally took notice of a village a few miles away. There was no guarantee that someone would be living there but at least yo would have some shelter to hide from the titans during the day.

Getting closer, you start to hear voices. Particularly one that was screaming. It takes a while for you to recognize who it is and you're relieved to hear it was Hange.

"WE NEED TO SEND OUT A TEAM! SHE'S STILL ALIVE! I KNOW SHE IS!"

"....."

You couldn't hear what the other person was saying but you figured it was anything wasn't anything good.

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? SHE'S YOUR FRIEND!"

"....."

"FUCK YOU! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! I'M GOING OUT THERE TO FIND HER!"

"Four-eyes, you can't go out there on your own. You're going to get yourself killed. Erwin didn't allow a rescue mission for a reason. Just accept the fact that she's dead. You saw what happened to her with your own eyes."

You let out a sigh of relief when you see Hange across from you.

"Who's dead?"

The two of them turn around to face you. Both sets of eyes widening when they see you and the condition you're in. Hange runs over to you, barely stopping themselves from hugging you when they sees the burns.

"You're alive! I knew you were fucking alive! I could just kiss and hug you but we need to take care of your injuries." You let them guide you to one of the houses that their squad was using to provide medical assistance. Your eyes felt so heavy as you finally allowed yourself to relax in their arms. "It's okay, (y/n). I got you. You can rest."

X

This time you wake up to find yourself unable to move. Hange wakes up after you when they feel you attempt to move.

"It's okay. You're okay. We gave you something to numb the pain from the burns so you can't move at the moment."

With this information, you stop moving.

"I thought I was dead for a minute."

"I'm sorry. I was going to tell you but you passed out."

"How long have I been out?"

"I'm not quite sure. I'm assuming that you've been out for a couple of hours. It's morning already."

You nod and stay quiet for a minute.

"I should've listening to you, Hange. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're alive and thanks to you, he's also alive. Quit overthinking things. All that matters is that you're alive, okay? Close your eyes and get some rest. Erwin said we'll be moving out in 2 days."

You nodded and closed your eyes. Hange can't help but look at you as you slept.

"Are you staring at me?"

"....no"

You opened your eyes to find that they were staring at you.

"Kiss me and then you can stare all you want."

Hange is more than happy to do so.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Historia Reiss - Guard

------------