You/Annie Leonhart - Safe Part 2

(Minutes before Annie shifted)

Armin discreetly looked down upon the rows of officers in search of Annie. They had been told that she would be guarding the main road but she wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Mikasa!" He whispered loudly at her to get her attention. She glances at Eren to make sure he's fine and then heads over to him. "I can't find Annie. She's not here."

Not wanting to cause panic, Mikasa kept quiet about it as she took another look at the various officers down the road. She couldn't find the blonde but she did see an empty spot.

"There!" She points at a certain spot for Armin to see it as well. "She was supposed to be there. Where is she...." Mikasa spots another empty position near the carriage. The same spot that you were supposed to be keeping guard of. "Plan B! She knows!"

Despite Mikasa realizing that you had left to warn Annie, it had been too late. Her screams are drowned out by the sound of the lighting and explosion that was caused by Annie transforming. They had planned for Annie to transform at some point but never this early. They weren't prepared and they were too close to the area of the blast. Close enough that knocked them off their feet.

When they finally got their bearings, Annie was too far away.

X

(After Annie shifted)

You woke up to find your arms and legs tied together. Assessing the situation, you realized that Annie had knocked you out and dragged you to who knows where. She wasn't anywhere in sight so you had woken up at the perfect time to escape. While you attempted to reach for your hidden blade, Annie stepped out of the trees.

"If you can even reach your pocket, you're not going to find anything there."

She pulled out your blade from her pocket, waving it to mock you.

"Let me go."

"I can't let you go. They'll kill you if I do."

"The only person who I think will even kill me is you! Let me go or I swear to..."

"You swear what? You can't do anything. The knot is far too tight to get out of and you have nothing sharp to cut it away. Even if you do manage to escape, you don't even know where you are. You'll die before you can even reach one of the walls."

You glared at her, hating that there was nothing you could do for the moment.

"What the fuck do you even want from me, Annie? You can't hold me forever. I'm going to eventually escape."

Annie sighs and makes her way over to sit on your lap. You try to get her off of you but she remained in place. You flinch as she grips your chin to look up at her.

"Don't you get it? I've lost everything. I failed my mission and the Scouts want to kill me. The only thing I haven't lost is you."

She leans to kiss you but you turn your head at the last minute so she kissed your cheek.

"You did lose me. You lost me the minute that I found out about your secret."

Annie caresses your cheek with her thumb. She would never forgive herself for the way you found out about her secret.

"You're wrong. I haven't lost you. You're here with me."

"You kidnapp..."

She covered your mouth with her hand, not wanting to hear what you were going to say.

"It's okay. I'm patient. I'll make you fall in love with me again."