You/Annie Leonhart - Guilt (Good Ending)

AN: Line will show when the story deviates.

Annie was overwhelmed with guilt

Annie was overwhelmed with guilt. She felt sick to the stomach as she held you every night as you cried for your dead friend. The same friend that she was responsible for their death. She might've not dealt the finishing blow but she hadn't done anything. She knew how close the two of you were and yet she hadn't done anything to help Marco. She needed your forgiveness or else the guilt was going to eat her alive.

"I need to talk to you, (y/n)"

You wiped away your tears and sat up. Annie had been unusually quiet since what happened but you didn't think anything of it. You were far too upset about Marco to think about anything else.

"What did you need to tell me, Annie?"

Annie couldn't meet your eyes, it just made her feel worse. Her heart was beating far too quickly and it felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. She wasn't sure how she was going to handle the news.

"About Marco. About what happened before he died."

"You were there? I remember you saying that you had been too far away to see what had happened."

Annie sighed as she finally met your eyes. She had always known that Bertolt or Reiner would end up revealing the truth first but she never counted herself falling in love with a Paradis Devil. Her priority had been to finish the mission at all costs to get back to her father but you walked in her life and changed everything.

"I was there. I saw what happened."

"What happened Annie?"

"I'm not from here. Neither is Reiner or Bertolt. We lied about where we're truly from. We were sent here on a mission to find the founding titan and bring them back to where we live. Marco overhead them talking about the mission....."

________________________________________________________________________________

"What are you talking about, Annie? Founding titan? A mission? What does this have to do with Marco? You're not making any sense. Are you feeling alright?"

Concerned that she might be feeling sick, you reach over to touch her forehead. Annie takes your hand and interlocks your fingers.

"I should probably explain the background details before I tell you what happened to Marco" You nod, letting her continue "The three of us come from a place called Marley. We belong to a military unit called the Warrior Unit that have the ability to turn into titans like Eren."

Her words make everything click in your head.

"Reiner and Bertolt are the armored titan, aren't they?"

Annie takes a second to take in your reaction. You seemed calm so she felt it was safe to confirm it.

"Yes. I'm the female titan." She pauses for a second, unsure if she should continue talking but considering that you weren't running out to tell everyone, it would be okay. "We were sent here on a mission to retrieve the founding titan and kill everyone inside the walls."

You couldn't believe what she was saying but it made sense. It explained why they destroyed part of the outer wall. Before you could freak out, you needed answers. You needed to know what happened to Marco

"What happened to Marco then?"

"They didn't trust that Marco would keep it to himself so they chased after him until they eventually caught up to him. I only arrived as Marco promised to keep quiet about what he had heard. Reiner didn't trust him so he told me to take of his gear to let a titan kill him but I refused. He was your friend...I couldn't do it. He saw that I wasn't moving so he took it off himself. A titan eventually caught after us and we left him for the titan to eat."

Annie started to crying, surprising you. Annie wasn't one to express how she felt.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n). I wanted to help him but I froze. They threatened to have my father killed. I didn't know what to do. I...I...."

You wrapped Annie in your arms, letting her cry. The first thing in your mind had been to run out and tell your superiors everything but you couldn't. Annie seemed to been torn over what happened.

"It's okay, Annie."

Your words just made Annie feel even worse. She didn't deserve your kindness. She continued to cry until she eventually cried herself to sleep.

X

Annie woke up to find herself still in your arms. You looked like you hadn't slept since last night by how exhausted you looked. She was about to say something but you beat her to it.

"Do they have titans where you live?"

"No but we..."

You smiled at the thought of a place with no titans. You had always dreams of living in peace without them.

"Do you think I could ever come with you to Marley?"

"I would love to bring you home but I don't know what's going to happen. I'm not going to help Reiner and Bertolt anymore..."

"You're going to help them."

"What?"

"You're going to help them. We're going to tell our superiors about your abilities and have Eren and Mikasa vouch for you. If we can get them on our side, they'll help us deal with Reiner and Bertolt. We need for them to continue trusting you"

"It's not going to be easy. They hate me."

"They don't hate you, Annie. Eren admires you and Mikasa respects you. While they might be hesitant at first, they'll come around."

Annie wasn't sure about your plan but she needed to trust you. While she might had let you down, you had never done so.

"Okay. We'll tell them."

X

Mikasa and Eren didn't trust her at first but eventually came around with how insistent you were that she was on your side. With Annie's cooperation, they were able to apprehend Bertolt and Reiner. A plan had been carefully coordinate so that they never saw it coming to avoid having them transform.

"How does it feel to be coming back home after so long?"

You ask her as you watched her stare at the ocean.

"I'm not entirely sure but I'm happy to be coming back with you. I never imagined that this would be possibly."

You smile as you wrap your arms around her waist and place your head on your shoulder.

"Well it's happening. I'm just ready to leave this whole titan thing behind us and live a simple life with you."

"As I am."

Annie says with a content sigh.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Annie Leonhart - Sight

Annie Leonhart - Smile

------------