Chapter 79: The Decisive Day

Krystal started with what happened when they were younger. Their parents had to go for another business meeting and left Sebastian in their care, and asked him to take them to a park to talk to more kids their age that weren't about recitals and showing them off at functions.

"I was so excited too."

"And you ended up doing something completely different from them, didn't you?"

"How'd you know?"

"I think too much."

As he predicted, Tori and Eliza went off to do their own thing. Sebastian ended up following Eliza around the most, who was busy showing off how well spoken she was.

Strider laughed. "My mom kinda did the same thing when I met some of her own friends."

"Lucky."

And Tori ended up playing what she could only remember was them playing throwing a soccer ball like a frisbee, and then randomly dribbling it around?

He gasped in joy. "Ultimate Soccer! It's basically ultimate frisbee meets soccer. You throw the soccer ball in the air, and if you catch it, you can dribble three times ahead."

"That's what it's called? You played it?"

"Yeah. When my gym teacher wasn't punishing me for getting beaten up in locker rooms, he always came up with the craziest ideas for sports. Continue please."

She was on her own for a while, skating up and down until she came across a family with several children, including two girls. They invited Krystal to play with them. At first, she declined, hoping to do something with her siblings. Then after Tori did nothing as one of the guys she was playing with knocked her to the ground, and Eliza pushed her away to continuing presenting herself to other parents and receiving praise, Krystal went back to them.

They frolicked all around Prospect Park: apologizing for almost hitting the runners and pulling themselves back into the grass, teaching them how to stand up and push themselves, jumping down to catch them when they fell, and playing frisbee, and she remembered jumping over a dog to catch it. And then she felt bad when she and the dog fought over the frisbee before they started licking her much to the owner's surprise.

Then they gave her their phone numbers and asked them if they would like to have a play date in the future. They agreed, and promised to have their parents arrange something. Krystal hoped one day, her parents wouldn't be busy so they could do it.

"But do people really not use play date as a term anymore?"

"Well dating's a bit more, you know, personal?"

"Okay, so then.."

Then Krystal recalled what led to her. She had more than enough money to buy them icies, and led them, waiting in line. But as she went to ask them what flavor they wanted, Krystal couldn't find them at all. She rushed out, looking for them, only to find them being thrown into a truck by two guys and being tied up.

What she remembered next was yelling at Tori and dragging them to help her when trying to tell others only resulted in her being told that she should go play with her parents instead.

With Tori's help, and with Tori mostly doing the work with her being afraid they started untying the two girls and freed them as Eliza and Sebastian finally noticed them and rushed into help as the two adults put their hands on her. Tori fought back as best as she could when Sebastian ran in to assist to fight them off.

Sebastian threw one to the ground, only to be hit in the head by the other person around. Eliza went to help but was easily thrown aside. Tori and Krystal were kicked aside and a few seconds later, the two girls with them were crying.