Chapter 15: Freshman Friday - Fifth Floor (Part 3) - Strider & Krystal vs Akira

"And that's what happened," Krystal sounded like she was finished explaining everything. "I think so? We saw what happened when we snuck up, and then I left. I'm pretty sure Hanaka would say something like that."

Strider felt that was accurate. Though there was something he couldn't figure out.

"How'd you know something was up?"

"You texted me, remember? So we set up a second group chat after you left filled with everyone on the first three floors, added Mika, and the sophomores are helping us out on the other floors. I think. Revenge is a form of helping right?"

Huh, I did that? Then he remembered, probably attributing it to everything he experienced so far just being one crazy event after the next. "I completely forgot. But Krystal, that's so smart. I mean I don't know much about how to use these apps, but you're a genius!"

"Thanks! Hey, could you say that again so I can record it and send it to my parents? Wait, you didn't remember you sent it?"

"Oh, I think I was just running on instinct. Glad it worked out." His eyes looked down. "Hey, um, did Kevin say anything about me?"

"He sent me up there." She coughed and tried to sound wise. "The two of you just come back okay," reverting her sounds back to normal, "like that. He's so caring."

So he was looking out for me after all. He grinned. Then he noticed her pouting.

"So you texted me by accident? Oh." She sounded disappointed. "Well that makes sense. I guess having someone like Tori, Eliza, Ken, or Hana would be much better, wouldn't it."

Ah shoot, I didn't mean it like that. He guessed that must've hurt her and tried to fix his mistake. "I didn't mean it like that."

She went on like she couldn't didn't him. "No, don't feel so lower-leveled! It's not like I'm just doing this to prove myself to them anyways," pinching her cheeks. "You can do this Krystal. You're just as good, you're just as good."

That got him thinking as he started inspecting Krystal and looking back on everything he knew about her. He wished he could have her flexibility and agility, she was pretty fast as well, her reflexes were pretty good, she was a better shot than him, and in a fun way, unpredictable. He never liked the term, I'm not like other girls, since some of the girls and guys in middle school would say that to act like they were different and better when in reality most of them were just as cruel to each other on a consistent basis. But he never met a girl who willingly jumped into a Venus Flytrap to be spat out like a cannonball like Krystal did so he could make an exception.

There were a few people he wished he befriended before his final year. And Krystal gave him the vibes she could be that friend as she helped him up.

With his body feeling better, he widened up at the thought. "Hey, Krystal! Actually, you're the perfect person, I really need you right now!"

"Wait, really? Right, of course I am!" Akira was slowly picking himself up, having to use a nearby locker to stand up as he fired at the two of them, forcing them to dodge. "So, how are we going to get past him?"

"I'll hold him off. While I distract him, you're going to insert the key."

"We're not going to fight together?"

"He's so fixated on me. If I hold him off, you can get past him and install it. Trust me."

"Oh okay."

Akira finally rose to his feet as the two got ready to leave. "You two aren't going anywhere!" He raced towards them.

In response, Strider quickly chucked the ink bomb straight into Akira's helmet shot, but Akira decided to continue his charge at them. Then Krystal told him to toss his bookbag in the air, saying she had an idea. He went with the flow and did so, as Krystal winded the pole like a baseball bat and struck his bag, sending it flying straight into Akira.

High School Revolutionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें