Chapter 77: Black Devil & Snow Spriggan

Krystal didn't answer his question. He let her have the silence to think about it, more surprised he was able to speak so well. He wasn't as knowledgeable as her when it came to games, but thanks to his dad buying him a ton of Mature and Teen ones alongside proving to his mom he wasn't going to ever commit the questionable actions in there, he had a lot of thoughts on games and life.

That grin turned genuine thinking about how much he had been playing online for the first time for so long thanks to her.

Then as she looked up, he extended his hand out to her, which only ignited Krystal to release her frustration.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to feel like everyone around hates you? Having every action you've ever done be judged no matter how small? Everyone treating you like you don't deserve to exist? Being pushed aside by even the people who act like they love you the most?" Then that rage flooded from her eyes in small puddles of tears, almost like snowflakes hardened by years of pain and misery. "That the world would be better off if you didn't exist?"

He thought about it.

He thought about the time a classmate stabbed him in the leg with a pencil.

And when Jamal tortured him for years with no one supporting him, framed him for instigating all the fights, and caused the biggest mistake of his life.

And the death threat placed in his locker.

And the night a knife reflected in his eyes as he cried to himself in the bathroom.

And when his mother was fed up with all the calls from school and taking it out on him verbally before regretting that decision.

And when everyone was trying to push him to bring a gun to school and kill them despite them being the ones to harass him.

Then after remembering something about Kelly, he switched clothes to the mood shirt, which had a trolling smile with the tongue stretched out.

Absolutely not, the shirt read.

Krystal dropped her shoulder annoyed.

"Then just leave me a-

"But if I ever did, I had someone special to push me from that path besides my mom. Krystal, even though we don't know that much about each other, but I know you didn't deserve that. Life is a cruel game," grabbing her hand and pulling her up, "but you don't have to play it alone."

She wiped the tears off her face. "You mean that?"

He nodded. "So, wanna ride with the devil? Or are we just gonna let the person responsible get away with framing you?"

She decided to take his hand, but before they went into the school, first she decided to tell him about what happened last Friday to clue him in.

"Wait, that's when you met her?"

Krystal nodded. "I was just lucky to get out of there. The tundra thing I just thought of on the fly. But then it got so cold, and I got so lost on just figuring out what to do, it almost felt like I lost myself," comparing it to like getting possessed, but yet was focused on it.

"You think it was your Stress Spirit?" She thought so as well, describing it, and only fully being able to remember what happened after facing off with Chrysa today.

"Maybe you were so messed up, your brain just went into fight or flight mode."

He explained what went down much to her shock. Kevin would get mad later but given Eliza and Tori knew about it, she deserved it too.

"Whoa. You, me, sis, Kevin, and the rest of the team, we could've died that night."

So it really was you who showed up that night," blowing off in relief. "I couldn't see it properly, but for a second, your Stress Spirit was there. Krystal, you saved our lives, we couldn't take them at that point!"