Chapter 10: Freshman Friday - Third Floor (Part 1/2)

Strider eventually caught up with the rest of the group, realizing Hanaka hadn't said a word, being mature about the situation. She wanted to save her dad but if she could be placed better, then it would help easily as much. Then again, even he was doubting whether or not he should be on the third and fourth floor while Kevin was also being a bit too reckless in deviating from the plan, had Chiko not talked some sense into him. At least that ran in the family.

Krystal, Hanaka, Urwa, and Ron were an interesting choice. Krystal and Hanaka were agile as hell, and he got the sense Ron was tougher than he looked. He pegged Urwa as more of a Final Girl or the girl that wouldn't take the camera down in a horror movie but realized how hypocritical that would be of him. Everyone was showing off their skills and Urwa gave him the vibes of a team player anyways. Unlike the groups on the first and second floor, this group didn't have a connection, but he was confident Mission Infiltration would help them out of this game.

He also needed to reach Mika at the very least. But he let those thoughts go as on the way up the third floor, a junior in a tight mask with two objects flaring smoke was heading straight for them.

Then of all people, Urwa took out her camera and told everyone to close their eyes, and as he did, his eyes saw a bright red as the air exploded with a bright flash. When he opened, the guy charging at them fumbled into the door and fell towards him, when Ken sprinted in the air and knocked him above the group. Then Urwa swiped one of the Cheese Clutchers and blasted the guy, saving them from further injury as the cheese wrapped around them and saving them from a head injury. She ran up to Ken and pinched him on the cheek.

"Be careful, we don't need to brutalize them enough to send someone to the hospital."

"We're on a time limit, and these guys were messed up enough to try and beat up all of us, don't be so soft! I'll ram through anyone who gets in my way!"

She pulled his cheeks harder. "Does that include us? What if we cross you one day?"

He puffed. "Like you'll be able to do much. I get we don't have a choice here, but now isn't the time for mercy! You won't be able to rely on your gadgets all the time!"

"I understand, but just be careful. I can tell you're strong, but strength isn't the only thing we need in this situation. Being reckless can easily turn that strength against you," sighing. "I've seen the consequences first hand."

"So what, you're just going to hide behind your camera the whole time?"

Urwa smirked. "Do you trust me enough to find out?"

Ken smirked back. "Fine, it's your floor, let's see what you got." Then they heard more footsteps coming down. Hanaka opened the door and told them to retreat on the blindsides of the hallway to give them a few seconds.

As they did, Strider's thoughts about Hanaka hit their apex and when Urwa called her alongside Ron, he pulled her back and told her what he thought.

"You want her to switch places?"

"No, I was thinking if she acted the least, maybe she could save that strength and help us out on the fourth floor, just in case we have to switch things up."

"Okay," pondering what to do, then yelled, "I got an idea."

Eliza laughed. "Like it's going to be useful."

Urwa pulled her in before she could respond, and the three spent a couple of seconds talking it over as the group sound saw the hallways of both the front and back of the halls filled with the upperclassmen heading towards them, and started firing from the back since they were close. Their adversaries retreated in the double doors but then the classroom door in the middle opened. The freshmen were surrounded on all fronts.