Chapter 48: Attack of the J-Bots

Kevin immediately could tell what was going on. Whoever this Chrysa was, they were clearly involved in recent events. As the red Chrysa was ready to strike and attack, a tile flew up and blocked her sword.

"What the?" She sucked her teeth and sent the janitor bot after Kevin, who summoned another tile to protect himself from it's swing of it's broom and another to sweep it off his feet.

R-Chrysa rushed in, aiming for Kevin's gauntlet. But the overseer was one step ahead of her, using a swarm of titles as makeshift boxing gloves on both his hands, making her hurt herself when their fists collided.

"Urgh, how are you controlling them, you can't even move!"

Kevin stayed calm. "Why would I give you that information?" Good job Strider, that talk we had really helped out.

---

When Strider and Kevin came back after the events with Eliza on Tuesday, before maintenance, Strider gave him a list.

"What's this all about?"

"I've been thinking. You're able to control and manipulate all the school titles in the building right?"

"Yeah. You analyzed all of that?"

"No. But, we don't know if we'll have to fight something like that again. So I created a guide for you."

Kevin took a look at the list: different strategies and attacks for using the titles in a fight. Some of which were ideas he had, others made him genuinely surprised him: using the titles as ramps to make someone hit the ceiling, forming a humanoid figure to use as a secondary remote control shield, leaving their airborne so he could swing from them from left to right, most of which he admitted could be pretty helpful.

Even though some of the artwork Strider added was mediocre at best.

"Though, you know I'm not an earthbender, right?"

"It doesn't matter. We need to get you some upgrades or upgrade your design."

"Still, I'm not trying to use the school's abilities to turn myself into some sort of superhero." He turned the back of the list to find even more. "Concrete, clay, dust?"

"Yeah, the tiles have dust and particles underneath them to keep everything well constructed? You can use them as well."

He had to think about it. "That could cause some minor damages, but they wouldn't be that impossible to repair if we're being honest."

"And you can hide different rocks, materials, dust, sand inside the secret passages and other parts throughout the school. That way, you have a full arsenal ready to protect anyone. Heck," pondering the thought, "you might be able to fight someone off without even having to touch them!"

"I really hope I don't have to use them again for something like that, but I'll keep it in mind. Why'd you go through all the trouble?"

"Because, you're the overseer. If something goes wrong at the school, all eyes are going to be on you, and you and the rest of the teachers have to protect us. If Xeno-whatever, someone gets a gun, or a fight gets too crazy, I don't want you to suffer for someone else's mistakes. I've," puffing, "had enough of that for one lifetime."

Kevin and Raven ruffed his head. "You okay?"

"I finally got my older cousin back. I don't want to lose you again."

---

Kevin calmed his nerves, and barely managed to move his thumb. That poison was going to lose its effect pretty quickly.