136.The gun

In afternoon...
Sid woke up. He first check Avu who was sleeping peacefully on him. He touched her forehead and got some relief after realizing that her temperature is normal. He softly made her lay on bed and was about to get up but he saw that their hands and legs are tangled. He sighed and was slowly freeing himself from her. He got out of her hold and quickly gives pillow to her to which she snuggled into it quickly. He chuckled and went to get fresh.

He got fresh and opened the door and yawned. He went out and again came back. He was hungry. He thought to buy some food. He closed the doors and windows and kept duvet on Avu and went out. He quickly bought some light food for them and went back.

He came and opened the door and saw Avu sitting on bed crying continuously. He got worried and called her.

Sid : Avu..

(She looked at him and ran to him and hugged him tightly. Sid was taken a back.)

Avu (crying) : Where were you? Why did you leave me alone? Why didn't you take your phone with you? I was scared. Why you went away...

(She said this and started crying again. Sid hugged her back with one hand)

Sid : Kiddooo.... Ok come here..

(Sid broke the hug and quickly put the things on table. He sat on bed and spread his hands. Avu quickly climbed on his lap and hugged him like a baby. He smiled and hugged her back. He started rocking her to and fro.)

Sid : Avu you were sleeping. I went to buy food. And sorry about phone. I forgot to take it.

Avu : You could have tell me and then you would have go na..

Sid : You were sleeping kiddoo.

Avu : Hmm

Sid : Tell me how are you feeling? Are you ok?

Avu : Yes. I am fine.

Sid : Good. Now let me get you fresh. Then we will eat.

Avu : Hmm

(He picked her up and went to washroom. He made her sit on slab and made her fresh. First he tied her hair in a ponytail. Then he washed her face and cleaned it. Then he himself got fresh. He then took Avu and made her sit on bed. He went and brought lunch in plates.

He went to Avu and started feeding her. He fed her and then ate his lunch. He cleaned her face and told her to sit there only. Then he did dishes and they both went out side to walk. They were walking. After some time Avu got tired so he picked her up and went home. He made her sit on bed and switched on the fan.

He wiped her sweat and kissed her nose. She giggled to which he smiled and kissed her cheeks. She smiled at him.)

Sid : Are you sleepy?

Avu : No.

Sid : You wanna change?

(Avu nodded. Sid smiled and went towards closet. He opened and was shuffling through the clothes. Just then one box fell on his leg. Sid took it and was looking at it)

Sid : What's in it Avu?

Avu (casually) : A gun

(As soon as Sid heard what Avu said the box fell from his hands. Avu looked at him who was shocked to the core. Avu went to him and pick that box up)

Avu : Arey why are you falling it again and again? What happened?

(Sid composed himself)

Sid : Avu are you for the real? Do you even know what gun is?

Avu : Of course I know. You want to see?

(In one go she pull out the gun which almost gave heart attack to Sid. She forward it to Sid)

Avu : You wanna try?

Sid (scared) : Is it real?

Avu : Of course it is real. Why would I keep the toy gun?

Sid : It contains bullets??

Avu : Yes. You wanna try?

Sid : N.. No...

Avu : Arey why are you scared? Didn't you see the gun before?

Sid : Of course no.

Avu : Really? Ok then. Come we will do practice. I will teach you.

Sid : Avu put that gun in the box again.

Avu : Arey but...

Sid : Avu please...

Avu : Ok.

(She put the gun in the box and put it back in closet. Sid got relief)

Sid : Avu why didn't you tell me before that you have a gun?

Avu : I thought you already know. Waise bhi we all have guns with us.

Sid : What do you mean by all?

Avu : All in the sense my family. Jai bhai, mom, dad and Vaish also.

Sid : Really?

Avu : Yes

Sid : But for what?

Avu : For safety only.

Sid : But what if someone attacks you outside.

Avu : I always keep it with me. In office also.

Sid : But how? Like we have metal detector in office right?

Avu : Arey the thing is the box in which I had put the gun is made up of a chemical by 3d printer and if I kept any metal like thing inside it then metal detector can't detect it.

(Sid was really shocked. This is too much to digest for him. He composed himself)

Sid : Ok.

Avu (with a pout) : Give me my clothes.

Sid : ha.. Yeah.

(Avu went to change. Sid sat on bed and was composing himself. He sighed. Avu entered giggling and jumping and jumped on his lap making his mood happy. They enjoyed the day)
.
.
.
EOC***