Chapter 54 - How The Hell Did You Fall?

Rebel's POV:

I was at the Spotlight Diner cleaning the counter while Santana was pouring salt into salt shakers.

The outfits were nice. It was a black and red button down waiter shirt and black waiter pants with black dress shoes. Santana wore a red turtleneck sleeveless dress that has the buttons on the side of the dress and a white drindl in the front of her dress. The drindl was wrapped around her like an apron.

Santana got me, Sam and Rachel's jobs at this diner. It's an okay job. I wish the pay was higher but it's decent I guess. Kurt is still doing his internship at Vogue so he didn't need a job.

I came back to New York from New Haven two weeks ago. It's now the beginning of April. After me and Quinn spent that night and that morning together, we both agreed that it was a mistake and it can't happen again.

Quinn is with Biff and I always told myself to respect that and I didn't. But when we had sex, it just felt so right. Like that was where I needed to be.

"Hey, can you give me one of those cookies? I'm hungry." I tell Santana as I point to the cookie and I see her looking at a waitress, and the waitress was looking right back at her. They were practically eye fucking each other. Santana hasn't been able to move on from Britt so I think this girl might be good for her. Her name is Dani and she started working here a few months before us.

"Hello? Santana?" I say while clapping my hands together and Santana shakes her head and blinks a few times, snapping out of her trance.

"Huh? What's up munchkin?" Santana asked as she looks at me and she side eyes the waitress. Munchkin is a nickname Santana has been calling me lately.

"Can you give me a cookie? And put it in my mouth, I would grab it but my hands are dirty." I say while pointing to my hands that have dirty water on it from the rag.

Santana nods her head and opens up the lid for the cookie tray. She takes out a oatmeal raisin cookie and puts it near my mouth. I take a bite of the cookie and smile at the taste. I love oatmeal raisin cookies. They are my favorite. Santana places my bitten cookie on a napkin. Sam walks over to us with an annoyed look on his face.

"Samuel Evans, for the last time, put your hair in a ponytail, wear a hairnet or I'm cutting it off." Gunther, our boss says with annoyance in his voice as he follows Sam towards us.

"Gunther I don't know what the hell your last name is, I don't feel like putting my hair in a ponytail right now. I want my hair to breathe. The hairnets make my scalp itch and I don't know who has had those hairnets in their hair. It could have lice. And if you cut off my hair, I am suing your ass." Sam tells Gunther as he stands next to Santana and folds his arms.

"Put it on. I no play these games with you Sammy boy." Gunther tells Sam through gritted teeth and Sam rolls his eyes.

"Oh my god fine." Sam says in annoyance as Gunther throws a hairnet at him and Sam puts the hairnet on his head and tucks his hair under it. Gunther rolls his eyes at Sam as he walks away from him.

"Wait, how come you guys don't have to wear hairnets?" Sam asked as he points to me and Santana's hair that are in ponytails.

"Because our hair isn't falling in the food." I say with a shrug as I continue to wipe the counter and Sam gasps.

"Well, sorry, I can't control the fact that I have dead hair in my head." Sam says with an eye roll and I laugh. "I hate this job." Sam says through gritted teeth as he folds his arms and Santana snaps her head at him.

"Well guess what? Your keeping this job. I had to practically show Gunther my underboob to get you three this job." Santana says as she points at me and Sam and gestures to Rachel who is in the kitchen.