Chapter 45 - New... relationships?

Rebel's POV:

"So, how work guys?" My mom asked me and Sam as we were eating breakfast in the kitchen. It's now mid December and Christmas is coming up. I'm so excited. Sam got a job working as a lifeguard at an indoor waterpark and we still both work at Burts garage. Only difference is, Sam got another job. I'm still taking in slow. But my boxing skills have been getting much better. I have a trainer, her name is Kelly and she's got some skills. She's also really nice.

"It's fine, just bagging up groceries and stocking food. Nothing special." I say with a shrug as I pour in some milk and dump in my cereal choice. Frosted Flakes.

"For the last fucking time, the cereal goes first!!" Sam yells as he slams his fist on the table and I jump a little, startled from his action.

"Oh fuck off Sam. The milk always goes first. When you want a second bowl of cereal, do you throw the milk out just to put cereal first again? No, you pour the cereal on top. Therefore, milk goes first." I say as I glare harshly at him and my mom just laughs.

"Milk is only first for the second bowl and even then, your not pouring in the milk, it's already there. Originally, cereal goes first!!" Sam shouted while aggressively brushing is hair behind his ear and I scoff.

"Milk is always first. When you put cereal first, it's below the milk and that's how it gets soggy." I explain while putting a mouthful of Frosted Flakes in my mouth. I look around at the Christmas decorations in the kitchen. God I love Christmas.

"Are you serious? Who are you? It's like I don't even know you. We are not related anymore." Sam said dramatically as he turns his body away from me with folded arms.

"Whatever. Your a disappointment to the world for putting cereal before your milk." I snark back with a smirk as Sam's jaw drops and he gasps and dramatically places his hand over his shoulder.

"Actually, if we are being technical here, the bowl comes first. Therefore, you both are wrong." Mom said with a shrug as she sips on her coffee and my jaw drops now.

"Oh damn." Me and Sam say at the same time as we realize that we are both wrong.

"Yep, that argument was pointless, but by all means, continue on, just no physical fighting." My mom laughed and she exits the kitchen, leaving me and Sam feeling stupid.

"Wow, I feel dumb." Sam said as he scratches the side of his head. I gather up the last of the cereal in my spoon. I bring the spoon to my mouth and eat the cereal.

"Probably because you are." I say with an eye roll and Sam's looks at me offended. I drink the milk that's leftover in the bowl and I stand up and put the bowl in the sink.

"Later bro, I'm going to the gym. Time to catch up on some books." I tell him with a shrug and I pat his shoulder before going upstairs. How dare he start another argument with me about what goes first, milk or cereal. Milk obviously goes first.
—————————————————————
Quinn's POV:

"Dammit, why isn't it coming out?" I mutter to myself as I shake the vending machine to get my Kit Kat bar out. I was at one of the hallway vending machines, the only vending machine that had Kit Kat. I have been craving this for over a week and I want it now. They are trying to scam me and it's not okay.

"Hey, having trouble with something?" I hear a voice I do not recognize from behind me and I turn around and see a guy. He has short brunette hair that was brushed to the left side of his head, his eyebrows were thick but they didn't look bushy, they looked like he just had them done. He had a button nose, thin lips, and dreamy blue eyes. He was wearing blue jeans, white shoes and a white shirt. He was hot to say the least. "Sorry, I'm Biff, in a freshman here." Biff said as he holds out his hand for me to shake and I do.