Chapter 38 - Rebel, What Did You Do?!

Rebel's Outfit:

Rebel's POV:

Currently, everyone is in the choir room silent. I think we all are just missing Whitney at the moment. She was such an icon and she didn't deserve to die. Her death is very odd and tragic to me.

"I've been doing some research to prepare for this weeks lesson." Mr. Shue states and I furrow my eyebrows from my seat next to Rory.

Mr. Shue began to write Whitney on the board.

"Oh my god, yes." Tina says in a soft voice and she lightly claps her hands.

"It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!" Rachel cheers and starts clapping softly and I nod in agreement. I look at the first row and see Joe sitting next to Quinn. Why does he always want to be near her? Like fuck off already.

"Are you sure that's appropriate?" Sam asked and I look to the left at him confused and puzzled.

"You did not just ask that." Mercedes said in a stern voice as she turns around in her seat and glared at Sam.

"I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems?" Sam says in a not so sure voice and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, and so does everyone. Michael had problems and we still did a tribute to him." I reply to Sam and he mouths a 'point taken' while shrugging his shoulders.

"Look, this week isn't about passing judgement on Whitney. It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments." Mr. Shue explains and I nod and look back down at Quinn. This Christian boy is getting on my last nerves. He might make me do something I'll regret.

"Which I will happily list for you." Kurt replied to Mr. Shue in a giddy voice and Blaine had to put his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings. To express and explore what's really going on with you." Mr. Shue explains and I nod my head and place my pointer finger on my chin.

"I don't get it, Mr. Shue. What's really going on with us?" Finn asks while looking very confused and I begin to pick at my nails.

"Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley." Mr. Shue mentions and I look down sadly. I'm really gonna miss it here. And I'm gonna miss Quinn. "Lots of changes coming up, lots of... saying goodbye. To your friends, to your significant others, to the last four years of your life." Mr. Shue adds on and when he said significant other, me and Quinn made eye contact. We gave each other a sad smile before Quinn turned back around. "For a young person, all that transition can be overwhelming. So it's easier to focus on other things. Like not being able to say goodbye to Whitney Houston." Mr. Shue gives us a look of sympathy and I fold my arms.

"What are you talking about?" Santana asked in a confused voice but her tone also sounded kinda bitchy.

"Santana, it's okay. I get it. Your hanging on to Whitney because it's difficult to handle the upheaval in your own lives." Mr. Shue mentions and I furrow my eyebrows because we aren't hanging on to Whitney just because we can't move on with our lives.