Chapter 39 - You beat up a Christian Kid?

Rebel's POV:

"You beat up a Christian Kid?" My mom asked me as she looks at me with a confused and disappointed look on her face. I just told her about how I beat up Joe and now he's in the hospital but I never explained what actually happened.

I am suspended for a week for the incident. I honestly deserved longer.

Me and Sam just got home from school. My mom and dad picked us up. Sue told my mom and dad what I did and they don't seem to happy. So we are currently sitting in the living room having a talk about what happened. Me and Sam on one couch and our parents on the couch across from us.

I softly nod my head and groan internally.

"Rebel, what is going on with you? Why are you getting into so much fights?" My mom asked as she looks at me angry and also disappointed.

"First of all, what even happened?" My dad asked while doing some hand gestures and I look at Sam and he looks at me. He internally tells me to just get it over with and tell them and I nod.

"So, this kid Joe, the Christian kid, kept looking at Quinn and talking to her in the ways I should be. So I told Quinn that I think he likes her and she told me that she doesn't think that he does. And she said that even if he did, it wouldn't matter because she loves me. So I decided to trust her on that." I start to explain and my parents nod for me to continue. I swallow my saliva quickly and start speaking again.

"But then he kept looking at her, and flirting with her and Quinn took it as a joke and she would just laugh at it. So my insecurities started coming in. In my head, this little voice just kept telling me that I wasn't good enough for her, that she is worth too much to be with me, and that she shouldn't be with someone who has so many problems." I explain to him and he squints his eyes at me.

"So, when Sam told me that Joe planned to ask her out, I just lost it. All the built up anger I had for him just came out. So I located him in the hallways and charged at him like a bull." I finish explaining and I rub the back of my neck nervously.

"Wait, like a bull? Did you see the color red or something?" My dad asked while laughing and my mom lightly slaps his shoulder. He rubs his shoulder and looks at her confused.

"And Sam, you had something to do with this?" My dad asked while pointing at Sam and Sam sighed and nodded.

"It's not his fault. I didn't let him finish speaking and the last thing he was gonna say was important." I reply while putting my head in my hands and I shake my head.

"But I could've worded it better." Sam replies with a shrug and he gently rubs my head.

"Okay, this who situation is crazy and Rebel, you are going down to the hospital tomorrow and your gonna apologize to that boy. Understand?" Mom said to me while pointing a stern finger and I take my head out of my hands and look up at her.

"I will. I-I was planning on d-doing that anyway." I slightly stutter with a shaky breath and I sniffle and wipe my tears.

"Eh, I mean as long as you won. Thats good in my book." My dad said while doing some weird hand gestures and my mom lightly flicks him in the head. "Oww, that hurt." My dad says while rubbing the place my mom flicked him and my mom rolls her eyes.

"And about this whole situation, seriously Rebel, beating him up until he's in a hospital? I've taught you better than that!" Mom yells at me in an angry tone and I flinch at how her voice changed all of a sudden.

"I know you did, I'm sorry mom." I say while looking down, disgusted and ashamed with myself.

"Look, Rebel, I know about your insecurities. I'm not gonna get into detail about them because I don't want to make you feel bad but just know I know about them." My mom begins to explain to me as her voice calmed down a little bit she still sounded mad. I nod my head.