Chapter 32 - Michael

Rebel's POV:

"Admit it fish twins. The only reason why the New Directions beat the Troubletones at sectionals is because that pervy clown judge was freakin high as a kite." Santana tells me and Sam with a determined voice as me, her, him, Mercedes, Quinn, Tina and Kurt walk down the stairs at school.

"No, it was because we had amazing, breathtaking moves." I reply with a smug smirk as the six of us walk down the hallway.

"You bet it was." Quinn whispers in my ear while rubbing my back and I smile at her.

"Also, it's cause of these abs." Sam said in a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson voice while lifting his shirt and showing off his abs and I laugh to myself.

"And we did Michael Jackson; you guys didn't." Kurt added on and I do a hand gesture that says "he has a point."

"But that was, like, weeks ago— why are you still obsessing?" Kurt mumbles to himself and I nod in agreement because it's not that serious.

"One word, Kurt: Michael." Mercedes says first in a soft voice but then she leans in his ear and yells the word Michael.

"Wait but you guys, there is gonna be a tribute show to Michael. This June!! We all have to go!!" Tina squeals excitedly and I shake my head with a sigh because that's so far away.

"T, it's January, June is in 4 months. That's so far away." I reply to her while shaking my head with a groan and I hold onto my bag strap.

"Actually, it's 5 months away babes." Quinn says to me while laughing and shaking her head and my cheeks turn pink in embarrassment. All of my friends around me start laughing and I roll my eyes and flip them off.

"Hey Mr. Shue!!" I call out to Mr. Shue as I see him walking down the hallway away from us.

"What's up Rebel?" He asked as he turns aroudn and looks at us with a smile.

"Can we do Michael Jackson songs this week?" I yell out to him while putting my hands around my mouth to echo my voice.

"Sure!!" He shouts back at me and he turns back around and walks towards the choir room. My eyes widen in surprise that he gave in so easily.

"I can't believe it was that easy." Kurt said in shock with wide eyes and everyone nods in agreement.

"I have the perfect Michael song that we should glorify McKinley with." I say with a smirk as I form a gun symbol on both of my fingers and I stick my left hand up in the air and I hold my right hand down towards the ground. I cross my feet and do the iconic Michael stance. The band start playing the instrumental version of "Wanna Be Startin Something" and my friends with girlfriend all smirk at me.

(Rebel is singing Blaine's lines)
—————————————————————
"What is y'all's favorite Michael Jackson memory if you have one?" Quinn asked me, Artie, Rachel, Kurt, Santana, Finn and Mike as we sit in the Lima Bean and drink coffee and hot chocolate. I'm not a big fan of coffee so I got a hot chocolate.

"When I was one, my mom showed me a VHS tape of his Motown special, and when he did the moonwalk across the stage, for the first time in history, I uttered my first words: Hot Damn." Artie states while looking up at the ceiling with googily eyes and I giggle to myself because I think Artie has some bi in him.

"My mom took me and Sam on a road trip to California in 2004. We were walking in L.A, about to go to circus, when we saw him. Just signing autographs with Paris, Prince and Blanket in his arms." I begin to explain as I mention who he was with and what he was doing. "We got an autograph and everything. He even signed my sweater that I wore that day." I say while remembering back to the time we met the most legendary person on the earth.