Chapter 18 - Time Of My Life

Rebels POV:

"You ready for sectionals?" I asked Quinn with a smile as we sit in the choir room waiting for Mr. Shue.

Oh also, Kurt transferred to Dalton Academy. It's an all boys school and that kid Blaine goes there.

He transferred because of that jerk Karofsky. Always bullying him and making his life hell.

"Yea, and I hope I get to sing a duet with you." Quinn replies with a grin and leans in and pecks my lips. I kiss her lips back and pull away with a smile.

"Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement." Rachel hops out of her chair and stands up with her feet pointing out as Mr. Shue enters the choir room. Weird. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing... to launch our performance at sectionals." Rachel comments and me and Quinn roll our eyes and Quinn leans into me as I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"She's so fucking irritating." Quinn whispers in my ear and I nod in agreement.

"Everything has to be about her." I whisper back and Quinn groans in annoyance. Rachel is a frickin nightmare.

"Me first. Two things. First, our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but the don't move." Mr. Shue begins to explain and I brush some of Quinn's hair behind her ear. "Now, if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't: dance." Mr. Shue starts to walk closer to us and everyone is getting visibly excited. "Which is why I've decided to feature... Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance." Mr. Shue said and everyone claps for Brittany and Mike and I give both of them a hi five.

"They're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked while once again putting the attention on her and I roll my eyes.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel." Mr. Shue states and I smile happily and Rachel's face drops.

"Finally. So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asked while getting happy and I smile a little because her voice is good, but I would like to sing a song.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competitions would take the leads." Mr. Shue states while looking at me and Quinn and I smile brightly and look at Quinn. She looks at me while grinning and we give each other a big hug.

"I get to sing with you." Quinn whispered softly in my ear and I smile and stroke her hair.

"Finally, I get to sing another duet with you." I whisper back in her ear while continuously stroking her hair.

"Ken and Barbie? Wait, a-are you trying to throw this?" Rachel asked with shock n her voice and me and Quinn sigh and pull away from our hug. She is so selfish it's insane.

"You used to be just sort of of unlikable, but now I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth." Quinn said with a voice full of annoyance while twirling a pen in her hand and I chuckle while smiling at her. Rachel looks at Quinn with an offended face but turns around when Mr. Shue starts speaking again.

"Okay, listen. I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now. But frankly, I haven't walked the walk." Mr. Shue admits and although I wasn't here last year, by the way he favors Rachel, I can tell he gave her all the spotlight. "I mean, we have a lot of talent in this room, and I'm gonna highlight it." Mr. Shue said with all seriousness in his voice and I smile as he walks over to the piano.

"Look, I'm all for pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before a big game." Finn spoke while protesting against Mr. Shue and I scoff before speaking.