Chapter 10 - I'm Sorry Baby

Quinn's POV:

Currently, I was sobbing into Lucilles chest as we wait for the doctors to tell us how Rebel is doing. Rebel has been in the hospital for a week now. She's in critical condition. The doctors are performing test on her and they said we can't be in the room for medical reasons. She hasn't been waking up and I am very scared. She didn't even get to hear me tell her I loved her.

Everyone from school keeps asking me and Sam where Rebel is. We just tell them that she is sick with the flu. I am gonna tell them what happened but I needed Reb to wake up before I did so.

W-what i-if she d-doesn't m-m-make it?" I sob and sniffle as I lift my head out of Lucilles chest, eyes blood shot red by now. Lucille turns to me with tears in her eyes. Sam was currently sleeping with his head on Lucilles lap.

"Hey," Lucille starts and grabs my hand. "She will make it. I know my daughter. She won't give up on us. Including you Quinn." Lucille reassured me while gently rubbing Sam's hair and I nod while wiping some tears. "She's crazy about you. She talks about you all the time Quinn. Your the first girl she's actually introduced to me." Lucille mentions and I smile at how much Rebel and I love each other.

"I know, and I'm crazy about her. I love her. I need her Lucille." My voice cracks up and I begin to tear up again.

"Rebel won't leave us. I know that. I promise you." Lucille reassured me and I sigh quietly. I hope she makes it. Cause if she doesn't, I swear to fucking god, I will go back to their house and torture and kill Andrew Evans.
—————————————————————
Rebels POV: (All this is happening inside her head)

I slowly open my eyes. I blink a couple of times and groan at how much my head hurts. I look around and see a place full of white and gold. Like it looks magical. I cautiously walk towards the place. There are people walking around here and they don't look like regular human beings, they have wings and halos on their heads. What in the Jumanji is this? As I am slowly walking closer to the place, a young boy with a halo and wings runs up to me while laughing. I slightly jump as he hugs my tightly.

"Rebel!! Rebel!!" He shouts excitedly and keeps hugging me. What the hell?

"Um, do I know you kid?" I ask him with a weird look on my face and he releases his hold on me. He looks about 7. He all of a sudden flies up so we are at eye level. Whoa cool. I can now fully see his face. He has short blonde hair and pink lips that are kinda big. His jawline looks like mines and he has me and Sam's green eyes. Wait. There is only one other person who can have lips as big as Sam's.

"Eli??" I ask cautiously and scared at the fact that I can see him.

"It's me Rebel." He nods is head and the hall glows. Tears start falling out my eyes.

Eli, short for Elias, is my baby brother who died in the womb from a miscarriage 7 years ago. All because of my fucking dad. He beat my mom while she was pregnant. Eli was due to come out of the womb 2 weeks before that bastard killed him. He fought for his life in the hospital for a month before he gave up his battle. He was a strong baby and he deserved to live a long life. I miss him so much. We don't like talking about Eli because he is a sensitive topic for us. I haven't even told Quinn yet.

"I miss you little man. I'm so sorry." I sob out as I hug him tightly. I gently rub his hair and sniffle.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. Daddy hurt me, not you." He said in a gentle and soft voice as he wraps his arms around me. As we hug, something clicks in my head.

"Am I dead?? I ask while panicking and release from him. I don't want to be dead.

"No your not dead. Your just really unconscious." Eli reassured me as his wings flap and I sigh in relief. "I'm still watching over you, mom and Sam. I don't like that dad hits you guys." Eli says sadly and a tear falls out my eyes.