Chapter 4 - Falling For Her

Rebels POV:

Today is the day I go back to school. I was only in the hospital for 2 days so it wasn't that long. Sam didn't go back to school either. Quinn has been texting and calling me for the past two days. I told her that my mom took me and Sam to a comic book convention but that's a load of crap.

I enter the school building and all eyes are on me. Sam came to school earlier than me because I was still putting makeup on my bruises. I walk past everyone not giving a crap about the looks they give me. I walk towards the choir room and open the door. All eyes are on me. I see Quinn had a look of worry on her face. She runs up to me and engulfs me in a hug.

She wraps her arms around my back. I am startled but I wrap my arms around her waist and tuck my head in the crook of her neck. I melt into her warm embrace. I haven't been hugged by anyone other than my mom, Sam and my grandparents so this is new. It feels nice. Really nice. I look at the class and see they are looking at us. Most people have smirks on their faces. Actually, it's everyone but Finn.

Finn looks very mad. Almost like he wants to beat me up. But he could never.

Quinn releases from the hug and rubs my hand. She turns her head and sees everyone staring at us with smirks. Again, everyone but Finn.

"What are you clowns looking at?" She hissed at them with her hbic voice.

"Nothing." They all say with the smirks still on their face. She rolls her eyes and drags me over to the chair next to her. She sits down and pats the seat. I sit next to her and put my bag on the floor in front of me.

"What the hell happened to you?" Puck asked me with a scared look on his face. I make a puzzled face at him. "Your neck and eyes are purple. Like a bruise." He adds and my eyes widen.

"Yea, it looks like a shark bite your neck." Mercedes adds while staring at my neck.

"And it looks like it hurts. Badly." Rachel added while brushing her hair back.

"You okay Rebel? Do you need to see the nurse?" Mr. Shue asked with with a concerned look. Quinn lightly rubs he thumb over my eye bruises.

"N-no, I'm fine." I stutter and try to hide my neck with my shirt.

"Come to think of it, Sam has similar bruises on his face and neck." Santana adds with a confused face and tries to connect the dots. Now Sam's eyes widen.

"Are you two okay? How did you get those bruises?" Finn asked while standing up and walking next to Mr. Shue.

"We are fine. We were playing football and it didn't go well." I explain while looking at Sam and he nods at the good lie I made up.

"Oh okay." Finn responds with a dumb smile and sits back down.

"You idiot. You don't get those types of bruises from football." Santana commented and hits Finn in the back of his head. He rubs his head in hair. I wince at that action because it brings up back memories.

"Please don't hit him like that." I say calmly while looking at Santana and I rub my arm nervously.

"I didn't even hit him that hard. Plus this goofs head is full of air. It won't hurt him." Santana jokes while laughing and shaking her head and the class laugh's along with her.

"It might hurt him. Just please don't hit him in his head." I ask her again more harshly and she rolls her eyes.

"Okay, I'm with Santana on this one. You don't get those types of bruises from football." Tina agreed with Santana and everyone but Sam hums. Quinn looks at me with a worry sum face and now I'm starting to get mad with all the questions and comments they are asking and making.