CHAPTER TWENTY💜

Start from the beginning

April is surprised by the food on the table and wonders when they got it, so she turns to Science.

"When you were busy being lovey-dovey, how would you notice when I went to get the food?" Dumlesi asks carelessly and mockingly. April wondered how she could read her thoughts. April looks to her left, only to see Nancy eating her meal.

"You did not get the Light?" Science questions Dumlesi, who abruptly stops.

"I do not know what he eats, and most importantly, I had no idea he would be sitting with us. Even if I did, I would never get him food!" Dumlesi replies bluntly.

"Who will eat what you bring? So you will poison me? God forbid." Light speaks in a dramatic tone. April could not help but smile because she had noticed they never got along. And she thought it was kind of cute. She imagined how they would appear if they were actually dating.

"See this one!" Dumlesi asks in mocking tone.

"Besides, I am not hungry!" Light searches his pocket and in less than a second pulls out five bars of chocolate, which he distributes to everyone except Dumlesi, who simply rolls her eyes. April could not help but laugh at his childish behavior. She just murmured her thanks. He nods in response.

"Light, you are funny. You are not giving any to Dums?" Science asks, amidst laughter. "Thank you, Jawe." She says.

"Who even wants it?" Dumlesi questions and hisses.

"Look at her!" He speaks in a thick accent.

"I do not eat chocolate!" Nancy says. Wondering who just said that April turns over to Nancy's direction.

"What girl does not like chocolate?" Light, who appeared to be speaking to her for the first time, asks.

"Me!" Nancy replies. In the meantime, April keeps a close eye on her. Light retrieves the chocolate and hands it to April.

"This is for you, Darky Barbie," he smirks, "the dark appears localized!" He says, eliciting a smile from April. He hands Science another chocolate. "That was supposed to be for the black witch," he says, casting a glance at Dumlesi.

"Light I will not just respond with your artificial pink lips!" Dumlesi rolls her eyes. Getting Light to laugh.

"So, she stares at my lips, baby; they belong to my lucky princess. "Not you!" Light speaks, while Dumlesi rolls her eyes.

"The midterm test will soon begin!" Nancy says, and April turns to her, wondering if she was the one who spoke.

"I heard the same thing; the competition will start soon," Dumlesi says with a smile.

"We should start reading. Dumlesi, you know how most of them will set what they did not teach and starts saying; you do not read ahead." Science chuckles.

          ____________________________🖊

   It was a Saturday morning, and junior students were already up, doing their laundry and cleaning up. Seniors, as usual, took advantage of their status as seniors and prefects. They always stayed back and did it in their spare time. A small group of people were out inspecting.  Jordan, who appeared engrossed in his phone, appears to be preoccupied with it.

  Goriola is sitting in a corner, and Wealth, who has been avoiding Jordan for the past week, was also present. Femi, the DSP boy, appeared to be enjoying his warm bed. In Hallel College, perfects were given exclusive dorms, which differentiated them from the Junoir. Most Seniors without posts or hostel prefects were assigned to specific rooms and were in charge of supervising the Juniors. Without saying anything, Raphael enters, grabs something, and goes about his business.
Everyone was aware of his passion for overseeing juniors, especially those in SS2.