CHAPTER TWENTY💜

Immediately Tibiebi was out of sight, Boma turns to her friends.

"I swear, that girl is a witch; look how she was smiling with us; it is time to stab us in the back; she will be marked present even before everyone." Boma says.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." I do not consider her a threat; anyone who hates Ibinabor is my best friend. "Your enemy's enemy is your best friend!" Wendy says as she shrugs.

"Look at how she spoke, like a nice person. First and foremost, witch. She just returned, and she is already wreaking havoc in their room!" Darlintina speaks.
"Honestly, I have never liked her," Darlintina says.

"Someone who does not think negatively of you?" Wendy inquires in a questioning tone.

"Wendy, who does not hate you in this school? Just so you know, if they are marking people who like you now. For example, give it a rating of 100. It will be one percent, and that one percent represents half of me and you!" Darlintina mocks and makes the other girls laugh. Boma laughs the loudest, but she pauses when she realizes something.

"So you are trying to say I do not like Wendy?" Boma inquires, and the four friends laugh this time.

              ____________________________🖊

  April hugs her book to her chest as they enter the corridor that leads to the cafeteria. Dumlesi appeared to be busy dancing and getting close to Science, who would push her whenever she got close; the girls were just too dramatic.

   Nancy walked beside them, obviously busy cleaning her glasses. April could not help but notice how beautiful she looked without glasses.

When they reach the doorway, they nearly collide with someone. April, who was attempting to regain her balance, locked eyes with someone, and her breath hitched.

Jordan, who did not look away, stared into her eyes, as if he was looking for something, as if he was waiting for her reaction. Wondering if he could remember what happened. She looks away sharply, and when she notices no one has noticed what happened, she quickens her pace so she can catch up with Science and her peers.

She is startled when a broad shoulder crosses over her neck. Looking up, she sees Lights' smiling face. It was no surprise that he was taller than her. April was perceived as a tall girl when compared to other girls her age, so you could imagine Light.

"Dark Barbie, how was your night?" Light asks. It does not take her long to realize what he called her. Over the course of a few weeks, she realized she was very comfortable with Light but felt very uncomfortable with Nimi or other guys. She concluded that it was because he was more relaxed and straightforward.

"Sponge Bob!" She smirks or says, "Sqoobydoo, how about squirrels?" She inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Huh, those names are for?" Light asks in a calm voice.

"They are for you. Who else? "Since you have decided to call me black Barbie!" April explains. Making Light smile.

"I did not call you Black Barbie; I called you Dark Barbie!" Light argues.

So what is the difference?" April asks.

"The difference is that you are unique!" Light remarks.

Because of the argument, they didn't notice when they got to there usual spot.

"Abeg, please quit being so mushy; it is getting annoying!" Dumlesi says, instantly grabbing their interest. Light releases April. They quickly sit down.