56.4:"The false alerts"

Second last:"(

"Don't even think about lying to me". He warned as he sits on the couch waiting for her to speak

He didn't want to continue that conversation in the middle of the road where people were being noisy. He wanted to have her somewhere calm and comfortable knowing she hates interaction and public to begin with.

"Why do you care?" She asked, trying to move away from him

He holds her hand, "Please, Roha. I need to know who is harming you".

"No one can harm me worse than myself".

"Then why do you do it?"

"Why do I have to tell you anything? Just get back with your lover and leave me alone".

"Why will I go back to her?" He asked, confused, "I am already married".

"So? You told me you love her. Is your love that weak?" She snapped angrily

"What are you on about?" He said, stiffening

"You are a coward, Ismail. Just a coward. You are the one who didn't fight for your love. You didn't even try to do anything for the love that you claim. You hide behind the fact that your mother forced you, but did you even try? How can a man be so weak to not even do anything for someone he claims to love?"

"Roha". He said, trying to stop her

"No". She snapped, standing from her place, "You need to hear this. It wasn't her fault that she loved you. She was a brave woman who choose you over everyone else. She was ready to let her family hate her probably her whole life. She was ready for your family hate too. She was ready to give it all and conquer her fears for you. You were a coward who broke her. A man is permitted to marry a woman without taking any permission from his parents. How dare you blame me for this? How dare you point at me that I am the reason she is not in your life?" She jabs her fingers on his shoulder, "You are the reason she is not in your life".

She went out of the room as she walks towards the garden. Once she was there and away from him she broke down. She shouldn't have shouted and said all that. She has no right. She is no one.

He stayed in the room as her words settle deep within him. He is a coward who hides behind women. Maybe it is because he has always been with his mother that he develops that habit. She was always his shield and somehow he has made his mother something more of it. He has seen how his mother acted on various occasions and he let her think that she didn't have anything else in her life.

But that freedom and leverage made his mother into something else. Maybe the fact that he was disabled had added to that factor too. All in all, he was a coward. Just like she said.

"So, are you done?" He asked, sitting beside her

"Have you lost your mind?"

He laughs, "Why do you say that?"

"I just called your name and shouted at you".

"So?"

"What are you on about?"

"I know for a fact that you were saying the truth. Although you were actually trying to restore to a defensive mechanism so that I don't ask any more questions which is why I asked are you done?"

He turns towards her, placing the ice pack on her cheeks, "Remember when you asked what I do for living such a luxurious life?"

She nodded meekly.

"I am a psychologist. I remember how it felt to know to never see again. Although I was born with it I used to think that's what everyone sees in my early years until one day, I realise that was not it". He said softly, "The moment I had to choose to be anything I choose to be a person that can help other through that part".