Chapter 55 - A New Chapter of Life

Start from the beginning

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked and the four of them turned to me.

"We're giving up." Chance said and I rolled my eyes.

"You too?" I turned to Angelo and he nodded.

"You're stupid, Declan. How can you do this to us?" Adrian said and I chuckled. I opened my can of beer and sat down beside Phoenix who's drinking his beer in one shot.

"It's too early to give up." I said and Phoenix glared at me. Three months ago, I challenged them to make a bullet train. Not like what we have now but a more high-tech. Adrian designed it really well and they started building. Last week was the time for them tk test the results and it failed.

They're sick of it because it's not a project that they want to do or plan to do. It's just a pure challege from me to them.

I looked up to the sky and couldn't help but smile. I'm sitting on the top of the ILLICIT headquarters with a can of beer and surrounded by my friends.

"It felt good to work again in peace." I heard Chance said.

"Work in peace? Unless this shit head stop pressuring us.. it will be peace." Adrian hissed and I chuckled.

"You guys can drop it, I might take over one day." I said as I sipped my beer.

"I'm going to be a father soon, Serano. Spare me a little." Phoenix said.

"We all are." I turned to them.

"Time flies huh?" Angelo looked up to the sky.

"Yeah, time flies so fast but I'm happy." I said truthfully.

"We really happy that you're back for good. I like Declan more than Dean." Phoenix said as he patted my shoulder. He got up from the ground and he let out a chuckle.

"It's late boys, don't we have someone that we have to go home to?" Phoenix said and I chuckled.

"Goodnight boys." Chance said and joined Phoenix in walking back to the building.

"Excited to open a new chapter?" Adrian asked and I turned to him.

"A new chapter?"

"We're going to be a father, Declan. It means we might have sacrifice some of our work to be there for our kids, right?" I smiled and nodded.

"Of course, a new chapter."

"Goodnight boys, if I stay.. I might starting to tear up." Angelo said and I laughed. He left and I turned to Adrian as he looked up to the sky.

"Glad that you're happy, Declan. We always worried about you.."

"Thank you, Nielsen. I know I don't het to say it often but.. thank you. I'm so thankful that I have all of you in my life." I said and he turned to me.

"Thank you too." He said as he patted my arm. He got up and let out a long sigh.

"I'm excited for our kids, hope they will get along well." Adrian said.

"They will."

"Goodnight, Declan." He left and I chuckled. I sipped my beer as I saw my friends driving out from the headquarters. I checked the camera in my house and saw Danielle have singing session with the dogs. She's using her comb as her mic and Koda jumped around with her.

What a sight..

After I finished, I called my driver to drive me home. As soon as I arrived home, Danielle already fell asleep. She must so tired after having a concert with two audience. I kissed her forehead and pulled her blanket to her chin.

"Did you two have fun with her?" I asked Simba and Koda whispering.

"You're home." I turned to Danielle and she sat up leaning to the head board. I sat beside her and gave her a long kiss.

"Miss me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I miss you."

"I saw you had a little concert earlier. Why didn't you wait for me?" I teased her and she chuckled.

"My audiences got bored after I sang 3 songs." She turned to Simba and Koda. I laughed and she gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked.

"I feel good, don't worry." She held both of my hands and I nodded.

"I love you." I said as I looked straight into her eyes.

"Love you too, Declan."

THE END.