CHAPTER ELEVEN💜

Start from the beginning

"Someone will notice her and mistake her for a good person. You all should stop this, or it may result to something else!" Tari mimics clearly getting on Basma's nerve.

April, who watched the drama quietly, could not help but smile. Because nearly everyone in the class seemed troublesome. Because wasn't it the same Gideon who was acting like a peace keeper.

"May Allah have mercy on you," Basma says.

"And you, too!" Tari strikes. Meanwhile, someone laughs loudly, clearly attracting everyone's attention.

"Hian, you understand why I said that Ogoni people should go find their state; Rivers people like us have nothing in common with them!" Gideon attacks Dominion Lelebari, who immediately stops laughing upon hearing that. He glares at Gideon, who appeared unconcerned.

"Gideon, Abeg pack one side; what does that mean?" Dumlesi, who appeared slightly offended, chips in.

"So, it's paining you? When they were insulting the Kalabari people, you were busy shining your teeth, like a Christmas goat; now that I have insulted the Ogoni people, you have a mouth to speak," Gideon fires, while Efe and Tari laugh.

"Is Kalabari superior to Ogoni?" Dumlesi inquired.

"My dear, that's where you need to shut your trap. You cannot compare Kalabari and Ogoni people!" Boma gets involved.

"Boma, I was not talking to you!" Dumlesi attacks.

"I was not talking to you either!" Boma rolls her eyes.

"Ogoni man wey no fit become landlord for him village, Ogoni fior fior! ( An Ogoni man that cannot become a landlord in his village)," Gideon says totally tumbling the whole class, April smiles out because she didn't know if they were laughing because of what he said or how the pidgin sounded. It was just too irritating. She just confirmed that most rich people had difficulty in speaking pidgin.

"Why are you laughing, Boma?" Gideon attacks Boma, who simply rolled her eyes. "Kalabari women, una think say na to born seven for house or to marry different men? ( Kalabari women, you all think it's to give birth to seven children at home with different fathers or to get married to different men), " Gideon asks, making some boys echoed. Why others laughed.

"Gideon, the fact remains your pidgin is irritating!" Nimi Brown attacks. April looks in his direction, puzzled as to why he sat on the last roll, given that she had heard he was one of the best students in class.

"He thinks he said something funny! Mumu, they are laughing at your irritating pidgin." Boma attacks.

"What he said was funny, Joor; who said otherwise? Speak for yourself." Tari attacks Boma who glares at him.

"Short engine!" Gideon yells.

"What about the Ikwerre people?" The only thing they know how to do is to sell land. Very soon, they would have nothing to build on." Dumlesi says, capturing everyone's attention. They were all aware that real drama was about to unfold.

"No be people wey get land, dey become landlord. No, be dem dey sale land? ( Is it not those people that have land that sales it and also becomes landlords), " Gideon fires demonstrating like a woman.

"Na em na! (Thats it), " Efe barks him up.

April smiled for the first time, as she realized what was going on. Gideon was an Ikwerre boy. Ikwerre people loved claiming right. They even felt as though they owned Rivers State. They never want to admit they are wrong. She could tell because her mum was from Ikwerre why her dad was a Yoruba man. It was a weird combination to her. Her mother was never accepted by her father's family.