Chapter 39 - You beat up a Christian Kid?

Start from the beginning

"We know you love Quinn and you have an instinct to protect her all of them time. Why didn't you just talk about it with him? Like whatever happened to talking stuff out!!" She yelled honestly confused and flabbergasted and I sigh because I know I didn't talk to him about it. I just reacted with my fist.

"You know Reb, maybe if you spoke to him about how you felt about this, this fight could've been avoided." My dad comments with a stern and slightly angry tone while brushing some of his hair back with his hand and I sigh because their both right.

I never said anything to Joe, if I said something to him, he would've already backed off and he wouldn't be in the hospital.

"Your right, I should've said something. I was just too mad to speak to him and I thought that if I did speak to him, I would've punched him in the face before I could get my point across." I state not trying to justify what I did but explain it.

"And guess what? I didn't just punch him in the face, I put him in the hospital. I just reacted with my fist instead of my mouth and look what happened as a result of that." I throw my hands up in frustration and I groan again.

"Apologize to him. It's a start. And Joe seems like the type to forgive anyone, even if you did something like this." Sam reassured me and he gives me a small hug. I hug him back and nod.

"Your still in trouble. Big time." My mom says with a shrug and I nod my head because that's fair.

"Yea, we just have to come up with your punishment." My dad says while tapping his chin to think and I sigh and nod once again.
———————————————————
It's now the next day and I am in the hospital to apologize to Joe. Currently, I am walking down the halls to go to Joe's hospital room.

"Didn't you put him in here?" A nurse who was walking down the hall towards me said.

"Oh go fuck yourself." I say as I flip her off and she look at me shocked. I shake my head and walk past her and continue looking for the room.

"403, 404... 405." I mutter to myself as I got to Joe's hospital room and I take a deep breath in.

"Come in." Joe said in a normal voice and I sigh and open the door. He sees me enter and his eyes widen. His face was bruised and stitched up. He covers his head with his hospital blanket but it's not really effective because I can still see his dreads.

"I'm not here to beat you up again. I'm here to apologize." I admit and I stuff my hands in my pockets. Joe slowly takes the covers off his head and cautiously looks at me.

"To apologize?" He questioned in a fearful voice and I nod and sigh. I sit in a chair next to his hospital bed.

"I'm sorry for beating you up. You didn't deserve it. It's just that, I really love Quinn. And the way you kept looking at her and flirting with her made me mad. When someone takes an interest in her, I get scared she's gonna leave me for them. But none of that justifies what I did to you and I'm so sorry. Nothing I can say or so will makeup for what I did to you. I could have killed you but I was too jealous to even fucking realize that!" At the end of my ranting I begin to get mad at myself for what I did to someone who doesn't even deserve it.

Joe looks at me like I am crazy which to be honest, I am.

"I should be the one apologizing." Joe said and I now look at him like he's crazy because what? "I'm sorry for almost asking Quinn out. I just didn't know that you two were together. I don't pay attention to who's dating who. When you guys kissed in the choir room, I thought it was a reflex. I didn't mean to make you feel like I was taking Quinn from you. If I knew you were with her, I would've backed down. And to be honest, I wasn't really flirting with her. I don't know how to flirt." Joe said honestly with a shrug and I chuckle a little and nod. "I'm gonna back down. I been backing down once Sam told me you guys were dating. But I would like to at least be friends with you. If that's okay with you?" Joe asked and the fact that he had to ask me if it's okay to be friends with me just makes me feel even more horrible.