Chapter 36

"Go already he might be waiting for you."
"Mom! Stop it already, I'm just talking to him, it doesn't mean I'd marry him." Mel says embarrassed over  wearing a too short but cute dress and all of Deborah's jewelry.
"You're looking adorable Mel!" Deborah hugs Mel.
"Still mom this is too much I mean -"
"Trust me it's nothing. You're naturally shy and you hardly see people who have fashion sense. I'm telling you the dress is in trend, I literally caused a scene buying that dress, there was only one left, thank goodness I purchased it when you were busy bickering with Rick."
" Gosh mom. "
" Go now, enjoy. "
____________
" Wow. " was all Remy said when he saw Mel coming his way.
" Hi." Mel said shyly, a bit over conscious about her unusual attire that might be normal for girls her age but for her it was absolutely like a matter out of context.
" Hello there. You're looking beautiful today, I mean you are beautiful everyday don't take it otherwise but you are looking different today."
"My mom wants me to marry you." Mel says reasoning so as to why she was different.
By now Remy got used to the way Mel spoke, absolutely without filter. She was like a child in an adult. He laughed at her response to which she joined in confused over why was he laughing.
" Well I suppose I'd make a good groom, what do you think?"
"Absolutely as a friend I'd always support you. Let me be your best man." Mel says proudly.
"I could let you be my best woman."
"Oh ya I am a woman."
Yet again Remy knew his effort on flirting went off the cliff. He wanted to smile and cry over his situation with Mel. The woman infront was exceptionally naive.
"Sure Mel!" was all he could lamely finish his sentence with but he was glad to see a bright smile on Mel.
"Mel if you could be anything in this world what would you be?"
"Ofcourse I'd be God obviously." Mel said without a minute of hesitation.
"Wow I would have not thought about that, I expected something on the terms of billionaire or president" he said laughing.
"Well they'd die too. Being God I could create and no fear of death would that not be amazing.
" Absolutely. " Remy could not put his mind to how can someone be so pure, her answers, her behavior, her way of thinking everything was so pure, not one ounce of the world's impurity could be detected in her.
"Oh I have a good news for you!" Mel says excitedly almost squirming with excitement.
"What's in store? I'm all ears."
"Where's the sketchbook you always carry?"
"Wait a minute it's there." he points towards a nearby chair where it was lying.
"Give me."
He hands her his book and she takes out the pen she was hooked to her bracelet. He laughs at that.
"Why are you laughing."
"You don't hang things to that, you do know it's called a bracelet."
"Duh.. Ofcourse I know but it can be used to hang in things too just like I did with my pen." she shrugged not taking offense, hell he doubted she knew what being offended was.
His eyes widen when he notices what Mel wrote.
'exanimo2806@gmail.com'
Mel wrote her official email. She not only started considering Remy as her friend but also a fellow writer who motivated her to write more. She was thankful for meeting him.
"Oh my God! Really?!"
"Yes!" Mel said smiling.
"Oh my God thank you thank you thank you Mel I can't believe I have her contact." Remy hugs Mel tightly in excitement, rocking her side to side.
Mel smiles warmly seeing how excited Remy was. Little did he know she was his idol.
"Thank you Mel." he said in all seriousness
"No mention." Mel replies.
"What should I do to get yours?" he asked Mel yearning to be in her contact after vacations.
"When we'd leave, I'll give you my adress."
He was surprised at how she was ready to give her Adress and not contact.
"Oh so you're inviting me directly! That's cool."
"No no! It's so that you could write me letters." Mel replies cheerily.
Not that he minded but in the world full of technology how could there be someone like Mel. The girl did nothing but surprised him from the beginning.
"Oh I see, so want me to write you letters."
"Yes I believe wait was the one factor that brought so much happiness after receiving the letter from the people dear to you. Today's era is filled with technology, you could reach others in seconds and yet they'd choose to ignore you till the time they see fit. It wasn't the case before the wait to receive a letter was so long that people were eager to reply. I want to be eager to reply you. "
Mel flirted unknowingly but Remy knew she might have not even realised what power her words held over him.
" I could not agree more, you make me want to give up everything and move to forest. "Remy said seriously.
" I'm glad! Well what do you think about the biggest problem with today's youth. "
Remy ponders upon the question for a minute before answering.
" I think availability of too much information. There's so much information that its confusing what to accept and what to reject. Leading to the overall effect of saturation with the wrong type of data if one's not careful."
"I love your answer! Definitely seems the root cause for ignorant mass. I like the way you think Remy!" Mel says impressed.
"Oh that's a pleasure to hear. So what according to you seems the problem. You gotta place your point as well."
"Hmm wait lemme think."
Remy could stare at her adorable face being all serious in concentration.
"Well I think the problem would be there's too much of connectivity but no connection ."
"Woah brilliant! That's so catchy as well,'too much connectivity but no connection' so true. Definitely can't agree more.
Remy started looking forward to spending time with Mel and often dragged her to play UNO with her family. Everyone was happy with Remy and the fact that he managed to make Mel play a normal game made everyone look at Remy with respect and love.
Mel didn't realise so as to why and since when she started applying eyeliner but that definitely had something to do with Remy. She started writing poems on nature and humans rather than writing about nature alone. She started to blend a little in the human world. Deborah and Noah were the most happy to see such radiating change in Mel.