Chapter Eight

I am not able to sleep in the slightest. I wait for ambulance to arrive before they wake up. Pacing through rooms, music, social media nothings working.... I feel irritable unable to put my mind to rest..
I go to my room check on things to occupy myself. It's 3.30 and frankly everything is seemingly scary when no one's around. I'd already switched corridor lights as well. I sigh at my stupidity.. there ain't no ghosts! My mind snaps flustered with all my overwhelming emotions since the flickering, I walk towards the bookshelf, choose Harry Potter that was my prized possession at last I'll be at peace I sigh and start reading. It's the one world I'd love to live in anytime. I quickly settle down reading in peace. I feel my stomach rumbling just at the moment when I reach an interesting point in quidith match... Ughh. I get up to quickly grab some nosh, when suddenly I see strip of sleeping pills lying carelessly on table... How stupid of me. I grab it to stuff it in my overflowing drawer and notice a piece of paper neatly folded... I might have missed it before in hurry. It certainly ain't mine. It read

Dear,
Whoever reads this letter, please understand that your family is in big trouble and I am involved NOT by choice.
I am writing few numbers
+49 5672322354
+49 4367123121
+7 9996279761
Please contact them via the phone that I am keeping right near this letter. Can't write more.. CONTACT THEM ASAP.

I feel as though all blood just got drained off my body. I reach out to the drawer again looking out for phone it was right there in front of my eyes. Quite small like those nokia ones, how did I not see it till this very moment.
I quickly contact the last number don't even know which countries are these numbers from?!
Someone picks up on the second ring.

"Здравствуйте! Куда пропал ты??"

Well now this is something... I have little clue so as to which language did I just heard..

"Excuse me, I just received a letter and your number was written and umm well do you speak english? ?"
" yes little little. I know why you call me.  In the mobile itself tam yist vedio evidence. You keep safe yourself and phone tojhe ok ponimaish?"

"there's vedio evidence in this mobile. Is that what you mean?"
"Moladets! Yes yes that what I want to tell you. Please make copy of that vedio. It's in folder name 'mp3'."
He spoke in understandable English with funny accent which was least of my concern at the moment.

"OK! Thank you. Is that all you have to say?? Do I need to know anything more?"
"No, no I was asked to tell only this. I hope I help you."
"Yes, most definitely thank you sir."
I hang up checking for the vedio.. Certainly there was a folder with the name Mp3, it had like a bunch of vedios. I decide to see them later. Unlock my laptop and transfer it in one of my folders. Then copy it in two of my flash drives as well.
Just as they were getting copied I hear a screech of vehicles..
I run 3 steps at a time to reach the door. There were ambulances.. Phew finally they arrived. I motion the helpers to take them across hall and guide them towards the bedroom.
I thank them and ask for reports and about all the tests that were performed to which one of them says-
"Miss, Dr Josh asked us to leave them at their residence and inform you that all the necessary tests were performed, at the moment he's in OT emergency surgery came and also he has one more scheduled surgery. He would review all the reports after surgery and inform you ofcourse".

'Oh and also, take care, stop racing your arse and get some sleep. ' one of them butted in suppressing his laughter.
'Dr Josh clearly wanted us to say this to you and also have this. ' he said laughing while handing me a box of cookie and a chocolate.
I mumble an embarrassed thank you.

My parents and Mel are still sound asleep. I check the time it's already 7am! Sky doesn't light up bright in winter mornings. It still felt like 4.
I check on my laptop to see all the operation successfully performed. I sigh in relief. I was very scared and curious at the same time... Why was my family under danger? I wanted to go check out all vedios but before that I need to make two other calls as well.

The other two numbers starting with +49 spoke better English than the last one. Informed me about some Adress that would be important for me to report to police. One more Adress leading to top most hospital in our city was given that I already happen to know quite well .
I say thanks before hanging.
My heart  raced and hands sweat.  All this situation sounded like I was a part of some sort of illegal activity that hello! I didn't ask for! !