Chapter 24

Miller was no less of a pro in pool and after loosing from Rose he was definitely looking to win her in all frontiers.
"You play marvelously. So I lost not only in game must I say.." Miller said raspily.
Rose knew she'd struck a chord and that's what she aimed for.
"It was all about luck Mr Miller, you are exceptionally brilliant at this game I won by a stroke of luck." Rose hated to say this but she knew damn well a way to man's heart was by stroking his ego.
Hahahh Miller left out a good natured laugh.
"I have never seen a woman like you, brimming with skills and beauty yet so humble."
Rose smiled she knew the efforts would pay her a blast and all that was what mattered.
" Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. That's just your generosity Mr Miller."
" I hope I won't be stretching my luck if I ask you for a dinner. "
On que Rose's phone beeped flashing across her screen it was written, 'iie' from Josh. Japanese for 'no'. She was glad he wrote Japanese coz Miller most definitely peeked a look. Hah take that you bafoon you can't get across the words Josh and I learnt from all the worlds languages. She felt proud of Josh and knew he was reminding her to play hard.
"I would love to Mr Miller most definitely but apparently I already promised one of my friends to have dinner with tonight. I am so sorry. It's amazing when you are new to someplace and already meet the most handsome man." that definitely seemed to do the trick when huge smile kicked on his face.
" Pleasure is all mine who would deny the presence of such a gorgeous lady. I am glad I could be of little assistance to you. "
" I still have like ten minutes before I leave. So what business is yours?"
"Well this little nobody usually bets his life on stock market and I have a little import business of medical utilities."
"That's amazing! I hope you blossom your business more." Rose offered her deliberate show stopping smile.
"So now may I have a little liberty to ask questions?"
"Most definitely."
"You might have heard this over a billion times and I might be one among many but please let me inform you that you're literally gorgeous!"
Rose knew he genuinely praised her when she saw twinkle in eye.
"Enough of eulogizing. I might already have become a tomato from all your praises sir Miller." Rose smiles.
"So what reason drove you to this little city."
"I am about to establish a little hospital here. I would love to know all the doctors in town and ofcourse it ain't easy job but you gotta start somewhere. I am a doctor."
"A breathtaking beauty with life giving profession. It's a perfect combination.
You happen to excel in pool as well! I'd love to engage in a friendship ofcourse with your permission."
Rose knew she had him wrapped, she could feel the tension, she needed to finish before he makes any move on her.
" Believe me I'd be the most happiest. I have to go now, my friend might be waiting. " Rose says flaunting her pearly whites.
" Is your car ready? If not I can escort the queen once again!"
"It's outside, thank you again for your help today. I had fun playing pool."
"Call me anytime and we can play again." Miller smiled to which Rose nodded and smiled in return.
"Oh my what a fool I am! -"
"I have little clue so as to why would you say that?"
"We talked about everything except me even asking your name!"
"Oh in that case I am a fool to not introduce myself. I am Leverne Ashford."
"That's the most amazing name I've heard! It's beautiful, you're beautiful."
"A ton of praises from you to last me months. I'll contact you once I reach home, I have your card. Now please allow me to leave."
"Ofcourse. Bon appetite, hope to see you soon. Have a good night."
" Good night sir Miller."
______
"You took so long! I was debating whether to drag you or carry you away on shoulder. You were flirting with him!"
"That was our plan was it not?"
"You certainly aced it but what if he would have - ugh anyways I think hacking his system is far more feasible than you going through all this trouble."
" As if his systems would have security of a 5 yr old. Come on we hardly know if we could even find any clue in his database. "
" I don't want you anywhere near him, did you see his expressions?! Those eyes it was as though he'd eat you. My goodness I was a buffoon to think of this plan in the first place.. We've got to figure out some better way! This won't do... "
" Josh relax few more meet and we'd get a big fish in our net. "
" let's be without fish if that would mean you sleeping with the fisherman. "
" What?! "
" Rose comeon you ain't kid and you clearly understood his intentions. Let's not do this again that man was about to bed you had you been to dinner with him. He has freaking huge bodyguards I won't be able to anything... Let's not put our faith into someone, we hardly know anything next thing you know he'd drug you and have you. It's a disastrous plan! Oh my God I forgot to tell you there was delta9 tetrahydrocannabinol in your blood! "
" What?!?! When? Wait what's that? "
" Day before yesterday when you came to my clinic from church, I took your blood sample, it looked like you were having a trip and to my doubt you actually were! It completely went off my mind to inform you with all those surgeries and hospital work... Tell me truthfully were you aware of taking drug ?
"Josh! It's me duh I hate the idea of intoxication let alone drugs! Man why would I? How did I got it in my body in the first place?! Is it worse than LSD?"
"LSD is child's drug what you had was cannabis!
You could have had acute intoxication plus after a while one can easily develop tolerance, to my knowledge what you had, it was synthetic form which is more dangerous. How did you take drugs without even knowing?! "
" I don't know! Phhhhfff and where are you driving to? This ain't the road to your place. "
" I'm not taking any risks let's head hotel, what if he follows you, by the look he had we don't know.. we will sneak out at night I have my clothes, you'll wear my oversized hoodie and tie your mane and I have arranged an ambulance so that would do noone can know who we are and where we live. "
" Man you've thought this through but how could I have drugs in me?! "
" everyone except Mel is a drugist in your family and you doubt the only non drugist Mel... makes sense to me."Josh laughs trying to level up her state of mind but not knowing the source was like playing a fireball.
" Don't go anywhere, don't drink or eat anywhere outside you shall be fine. Captain Josh at your rescue. "
" Ya right. "