Chapter 31 - An Extraordinary Christmas With Quinn and Rebel

Start from the beginning

"Okay, now I'm a little worried because why did your eyes go wide when I asked that? What job did you have?" Quinn asked me with a raised eyebrow and my eyes go back to normal and I look around scared.

"Uh, nothing really. Me and Sam were working at Dairy Queen." I lie while looking back at her, gaining some confidence from how good that lie was. I technically didn't lie to her.

"Rebel, I know you. I know when your lying. Just tell me what job you were doing. I won't be mad." Quinn says with a soft and gentle smile and she strokes my right cheek.

I've been so ashamed of being a stripper and I really don't wanna tell her.

"I c-can't tell you Q-Quinn. I'm sorry." I say as my voice cracks up and I feel like bursting out into tears right now.

Quinn grabs my hand and drags me down the hall, towards a random classroom. She opens the door to the classroom, turns on the lights and shuts the door behind her.

I sit on the teachers rolling chair and Quinn sits on my lap with her body turned to the side so she can face me.

"Baby, what's wrong? Why are you so scared to tell me where you worked?" Quinn asked while gently cupping my cheeks and looking into my teary eyes for an answer.

"Because your gonna hate me if I tell you. Your gonna break up with me and then we won't be together. And then-" I respond as some tears start to fall out of my eyes but Quinn cuts me off with a kiss.

She softly kisses me and I let out a sigh, calming down. This might be my last kiss with her and I hate that.

She softly pulls away and quickly wipes my tears away away with her thumb.

"No I won't love. I love you so much Rebel. I could never hate you. You even told me that I don't hate you." Quinn said with a chuckle as she refers to when we were arguing in the bathroom when I first came back. I lightly smile and shake my head.

"Please tell me, I'll listen all the way through and I won't interrupt you." Quinn reassured me and she takes her hand off my cheek and grabs my hands. She gently holds them and rubs her thumb over the back of my hand.

"Okay." I reply and I take a deep breath in and slowly exhale.

"Back In Kentucky, me and Sam actually did work at Dairy Queen. But we soon quit because they didn't pay much and we were desperate for money so we could get back to our old lives." I begin to tell her and Quinn nods her head and gestures for me to continue.

"So, me and Sam applied for a new job. As strippers." I reveal to her the job I was working at and Quinn looks at me surprised but she doesn't looked freaked out which is good.

"We started working at the strip club and we got paid a lot more. Like 300 an hour. We were the favorites over there. As you know, strippers do private dances so we would do private dances for people and shit like that." I take a deep breath and close my eyes as I am about to tell Quinn the thing that might make her leave me.

"In the contract, it says you can kiss customers but only if it is consensual. And you also get paid extra if you do. And I was so desperate to come back to Lima, that I did it. I wanted my old life back. So I would kiss customers who requested it. In my first two weeks of working there, I have kissed over 20 different girls." I reveal to her and I can't read her face and that makes me scared.

"And I know you might be mad at me for that but I was desperate. So you can call me disgusting or a whore, but I just want you to know that I never had sex with any of the customers. It's actually against the rules." I tell Quinn with a sigh and she is looking at me with a numb look. I can't even read her face and that's scaring me.