Chapter 59

"Is my dress the prettiest?" I ask Cami with a smile, giving her a twirl.

She claps her hands, bouncing up and down in her little white flower girl dress. If a pup could met anyone's heart, it's her.

"Yea!" She exclaims happily, far more relaxed that last night.

"Come on, fashionably late won't sit well with Roman." I mutter, my heart beginning to pound.

It'll pass for nerves, which helps. The main concern is Cami, I'd hate for her to get hurt in the process of what's about to happen. I'll admit it, I used Cami as an excuse to find out if anyone was alive, and where. I didn't plan on him letting her go free.

I'll just have to be extra careful.

Carrying Cami in my arms, I head downstairs carefully in the stupid stilettos Roman bought. Hardin would never buy me stilettos, he'd take me shoe shopping for heels and ask me to pick whatever I liked, but he'd never decide what I'm to wear.

I've worked enough jobs to know when someone is being abused by their partner. It starts with the little things like this.

"He's waiting." One of Romans wolves snap at me as I step outside.

"Sorry, I had a little trouble with the shoes." I smile awkwardly, speeding up my steps as he leads me to the back of Romans mansion.

Not nearly half as beautiful as Hardin's land.

I quickly set Cami down, handing her the little basket of petals, remaining behind the sheer curtains hug to hide me specifically. Everything is fancy, and floral, with ribbons and bows. Definitely not my thing.

They play a faint song as Cami goes first, I wait until she's about half way, until the song changes into the common bridal walk song in history. I take my flowers, and I set my hair straight as I step out onto the white carpet leading to Roman.

All eyes turn to me, but I only gaze at Roman, smiling as I count my steps, ignoring the noise of whispers of awe.

I hate it, everything about it makes me sick. The sight of him at the end of the isle makes me want to chop my head off with a butter knife.

But I play the part, I reach the end of the isle and hand my flowers to Cami, using that excuse to put her on my right side, making it clear that she's with me. By now they'll be listening.

And with every word I vow to Roman, I felt my stomach churn.

"I, Katalayha, take you Roman, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." I vow, bouncing slightly as I beam up at him.

Romans eyes twinkle happily, satisfaction. He record similar vows, the standard boring words that come from a script hundreds of thousands of people have copied. Personally I like to think vows should be more personal.

"You may now seal your marriage." The wolf tells us.

I stare at Roman with a shy smile. "In front of everyone?" I ask quietly.

Roman nods. "I want the world to know you belong to me." He smirks.

"I have to undo the dress." I laugh, reaching up for the back of the dress.

In that moment, all fucking hell breaks loose.

"Olympia does not approve this union, and neither does your mother moon." Athenas voice rings fiercely, her armour the brightest of silver as she appears out of thin air.