Chapter 57 - Part A

It had been a few days, and with Hardin nearby I begin to feel a little more like myself again. I don't think a person ever truly gets over something so sadistically fucked up, something so horrifying.

"Can you set up a meeting with Alpha Silverstone and Athena?" I ask Hardin softly, staring at the freshly dug up soil in the field. I didn't feel like it was the right spot.

"I can try, Athena is usually on duty." Hardin tells me.

"I need Athena." I snap.

"I need her to take them...to take them away, lay them to rest in a place that will never be reached by a mortal." I whisper.

Hardin places a mug of hot chocolate in front of me. "I'll try my best." He murmurs, kissing my forehead as I zone out.

I get the feeling that it's a long shot. I don't suppose Olympia is a place you can just put things for safe keeping.

I've spent most of the past few days inside my own head, seeing around me but nothings registers. Which is why I don't even notice Hardin answering his phone, until he's shaking my shoulder and snapping me out of it.

"We need to go, now." Hardin orders, rushing out of the kitchen and grabbing my phone, Lucifers leash and a sack of dog food.

"Go where? Why?" I finally manage to answer after just watching him.

"Roman." He answers, turning to me.

"He's taken my mom-"

"What?" I frown, jumping from the chair.

"And all the she-wolves from my fathers pack, all ages." Hardin finishes.

My gut wrenches, not just because they could all be dead, but because Roman wouldn't go to Hardin's parents pack first.

"Cami." I whisper, instantly rushing past Hardin and out of my house without any care to grab anything.

Hardin joins me quickly tossing everything in the boot of the range whilst Lucifer jumps on the backseats. I make the split second decision, tossing Hardin the keys.

"What are you doing?" Hardin grabs my arm quickly, stopping me in my tracks as I head towards my Bugatti.

I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Keep Lucifer away from the pack until I get there." I tell him, stretching up and kissing him.

"The safest place you can be is with me-"

"It's not about my safety anymore, this affects everyone. I'll be back in a few days with more answers, but right now I have to go." I tell him pulling my arm away.

"Take your phone, I'll call you in a couple of hours. If anything happens, you call me, ok?" Hardin's voice is stiff, I could see the concern in his eyes, the fear that I may never come back.

"I will, drive safe." I whisper, kissing him again.

"You too." He nods, handing me my phone before getting in the range.

I climb into my Bugatti, clipping on my seat belt and starting the engine. The familiar feeling makes me feel a little more alive, I'd forgot how much I lived driving this car.

Hardin turns left at the end of my property, and that's where we part. I take the right, with only one destination in mind as I put my foot down. The faster I get there, the more chance I have at convincing them.

I call Adrian and Matt as I drive, informing Adrian that the horses need picking up today and taking to Fairfield stables until further notice, and of course cancelling with Matt on our training schedule.