Chapter 58

"Is everyone clear on their positions?" Hardin questions his wolves, needing confirmation from every single man.

They give the all clear, knowing better than to risk fucking this up. It's day six, Roman has taken every she-wolf from every pack in the state, getting around so fast without being seen that it truly should be considered art.

How does he do it?

"The scouts will be arriving anytime with intel, last I was there he didn't care for security because he's so arrogant he assumes no one will retaliate." I mutter to Hardin as we exit the room.

"Let's hope so, the less he sees, the better." Hardin grunts.

Hardin gently pulls me aside as I begin to walk towards my car. I look up at him, already knowing what he's going to say.

"I have dealt with men like Roman all my life, I know how to work him. I'll be just fine...and no matter what you hear, it's not real." I say gently, wishing I could kiss him, or at least hug him.

But I can't, having his scent on me will ruin everything.

"I know, you've got this. No pressure." He offers a pained smile, hating that he can't do anything about this.

We both knew this would be hard. Which is why I just flash my brightest smile, and turn away. Lucifer remains with Hardin, safe from harms way as I get in my Bugatti and leave. I didn't look back, I couldn't bring myself to.

It takes me a while to exit pack land, and the moment I do, it all feels too real. My heart races and my palms sweat with nerves, but I didn't let it slow me down.

My only destination could very well be my final one.

Tomorrow everything changes.

*
*
*
*
*

The layout of his land hadn't changed, the trees on his border remaining unmarked, unguarded. I suppose when you're King of the wolves and no one can beat you, you need not fear any enemy.

I want to change that.

Given the small amount of pack members, Roman hasn't claimed a lot of land. Although he enjoys luxury, his very own personal mansion sitting in the middle of a handful of similar houses. The very best for his purebred wolves.

Men and women exit their houses as I stop my car right outside Romans doorstep. My fingers grip the wheel slightly, my heart spiking. It's going to work. I assure myself.

With a deep inhale, I pull up my big girl panties and get out of the car, facing Roman who adjusts his belt, a she-wolf quickly exiting his fancy house. I felt only disgust, knowing how much of a slut he is.

Yes, I'm slut shaming him.

"You sure you want to do this?" Roman asks cockily, leaning against his doorframe with a smug smirk.

I grin and walk towards him. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't." I whisper, resting my hand on his lower stomach.

"And Hardin? He just let you go without a fight?" He questions me.

"I could say the same about you." I muse softly, running my hand down his forearm as I brush past him, entering his huge home.

"I suppose." Roman relaxes, grabbing me around my waist from behind and spinning me around.

I laugh at his childish antics. "Can I see it?" I ask him hopefully, staring into his cerulean blue eyes.

ENDURING {Sequel to Everlasting}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें