Chapter 8 - Part A

The day is finally here. The day that I've been partially dreading, and preparing for.

The wedding.

Hardin invited the Elders in good faith, considering he's been married once, it doesn't exactly look good for a wolf to get remarried unless his previous wife was killed.

Lucky me, the Elders are making me go with them, Hardin extended the wedding invitation to me as well. In a way I don't want to go, but I also don't want to look like the jealous ex who didn't turn up out of bitterness.

So I spend the entire morning pacing around, and getting ready for this wedding like it's my own. I've never been to a wedding except my own, and it wasn't exactly your average wedding.

Considering how Hardin likes to stick to pack traditions, I decide to wear something simple, and summery. A two piece matching outfit, white with a floral design, the top is layered and reaches just above my bellybutton. The bottoms are slim leg, high waisted with a matching floral belt. So I match it with white heels and a simple silver bracelet.

I decide to leave my hair down, it falls in gentle waves to my hips. Usually I'd do it in a half up kind of style, but I never wear my hair down, and today I just want to look as peaceful as possible. The more people that believe I'm ok with this, the better.

"Are you ready?" Luther sticks his head into my hotel room, giving a small smile.

I nod my head, exhaling a deep breath.

"No." I admit, grabbing my phone and small shoulder bag, exiting the room.

Luther loops his arm through mine as we head out to the cars waiting outside.

"For what it's worth, you look stunning." Luther says, giving my hand a small squeeze.

I just laugh, shaking my head at his attempt to make me feel better. It's appreciated, but it doesn't work.

The Elders get in the first black SUV, and Jackson waits at the one behind for me. But I pause, and I glance towards the garage.

Jackson hasn't seen my car yet.

"You know what? I'm going to drive myself, might as well show up in style." I state, winking at Jackson who just looks curious.

The Elders laugh and get in their car, as I slide the garage door open to reveal the gorgeous dominant black and jet orange super sport 300+.

Jackson practically squeals like a teenage girl, so high pitched that I flinch.

"Holy shit! You've been hiding this bad boy from me?" Jackson gasps, utterly disgusted with me.

He walks around the car commenting on every aspect, admiring every inch and drooling. Considering the sleek and stunning design of the car, I can understand why he's so pumped.

"Get in." I grin, sliding into the drivers side and clipping my seatbelt on.

Jackson is quick to follow, having to squeeze a little considering he's rather large these days. The huge grin on his face is refreshing, it makes me excited, it makes me feel like I'm not about to go to Hardin's wedding and watch him promise to love another woman.

Jackson let's put a manic chuckle as the car comes to life, but it's not until we're on the road, and we're driving at almost 140 mph and rising that he truly basks in the glory. Turning the music up, and rolling the windows down, Jackson appears to be in heaven.

His smile will be none existent once we reach our destination, just thinking about how his face will drop once he sees the jet is going to be hilarious.