Chapter 36 - Part A

I watch Hardin from afar, knowing my presence will distract him from his training.

In rows of what looks like hundreds of wolves, they stand and practice in perfect sync. Hearing Hardin's orders, obeying flawlessly. The fighting technique is familiar, one they've mastered very well since I was last here.

Hardin has brought his pack a long way in the five years I was gone, every male is highly trained in multiple styles of martial arts, including Krav Maga and Silat.

Watching so many wolves train in chorus, their Alpha up front and centre right by their side...it's beautiful. The synchronisation of every move, it's like watching water, they move as a whole.

"He could use you out there." A familiar voice echoes behind me.

Despite how my heart leaps in fright, I give no physical reaction to his sudden presence.

"They're doing fine." I comment, gesturing with my hand towards the huge army of wolves.

"Your support, Kali. The thing that once made you and Hardin practically unstoppable?" Zed retorts gently with a nudge of his arm.

I couldn't help but smile slightly, and I glance up at Zed. "Why aren't you training?" I ask curiously.

"Someone has to make the plans." Zed grumbles, always one for being hands on, like myself and many wolves.

"I can do it." I offer with a small shrug, figuring it's the least I can do considering I'm not allowed to get in on this war.

Zed's eyebrows shoot up. "You'd rather make the plan, than stand here like a pervert and watch your future husband sweat his ass off?"

I laugh loudly, right in his face. I'd expect that response to come from Jackson, but not Zed. Never Zed.

"I'll have the plan ready by morning." I tell him, already turning away from the field.

"Morning? It takes days to create a good plan, never mind a great one." Zed worries, following after me.

I just chuckle. "Not when you know you're enemy."

"What about supporting Hardin?" He sighs, thinking I just brushed it off.

"You can thank me tomorrow." I retort, and leave him behind in the forest as I rush back to the pack mansion.

I'll admit, the idea of being stuck behind a desk while everyone else gets to go out on the field isn't exactly pleasing. But, I'm fully aware that it's no longer place. One hit and I could die, there's no rapid healing, or back up wolf to protect me. So while this is the safest option, it also allows me a sense of peace knowing I can keep Hardin as safe as possible.

I had to plan out every detail of my missions involving child trafficking, which took weeks to perfect down to the very last detail. It would only be me, so everything had to be perfect in order for me to be able to take them all out.

It's safe to say that I am very efficient.

Markus isn't a man that I have any mercy for, he has belittled Hardin and even me in the past. I need a plan that exerts strength, unyielding force that will become a statement to other packs.

Hardin is a kind, understanding and powerful Alpha, but he is not weak, he's not vulnerable and he is not to be undermined. That is the message I intend to get out, and in order to do that Markus is going to be the messenger.

I enter Hardins office and grab the documents off the desk, along with the phone just in case anyone calls. Ensuring I have everything I need, I head off upstairs into my temporary room to begin my homework on Markus and his pack.

I need strategy, I need numbers, I need to know every inch of his land, the layout of his house, the faces of his best wolves, the number of children. By tonight I'll know more about Markus then even he himself does.

This is exactly why the Elders removed all files and documents with my face and name. So that no one would ever be able to track me, or recognise me should I be compromised, which I was but that's over now.