Ch12 | empty promises

Beginne am Anfang

"Tell me what they said," I grit my teeth disregarding his latest dig.

"No California, Let it go."

"You asked me what was wrong!" I shout, completely livid.

"They said that Sam did you a favor!" He screams, leading me to cower unintentionally.

"That nobody in their right mind would ever date a girl with a child!" He doesn't hesitate to continue.

"Is that all?" I pipe, not wanting him to know that I regret ever asking.

"Damn it California!" He shouts tossing my alarm clock across the room.

"Leave," I wince, watching the small remains scatter across the carpet.

After one last look he was gone, the wooden door slamming shut.

Kendall's soccer plague falls to the floor from his wrath and that's when I allow myself to lose it, all of my trapped emotions coming to the surface.

I hate myself for pushing his buttons, I hate myself for allowing the things people say to have an effect on me, and I even hate myself more for letting him walk out that door.

I love that man more than anything.

I run towards the tall framed door in attempt to catch him, to find that tempered mad who I love unconditionally.

"Jack!" I call, in nothing but spanks and a big t-shirt, his t-shirt.

"Hey!" I yell again, the back of his head only a short distance in front of me.

I want so desperately just to kiss him, to feel his trembling lips on mine as his anger dissolves within seconds of me touching him.

"Please!" My feet are catching up to his, Marcy Adams peeking out of her rooms door. A scowl is etched onto her face as I scream to the man I love at three in the morning.

The tall figure in front of me turns around, an unknown face looking back at me.

"Jack," I exhale, him already having left the building.

"Can I help you?" The stranger questions, all of my attention focused in on his lip piercing.

"I.. I just thought you were someone else," I slouch, the man eyeing my bare thighs.

"Yeah no, I'm sorry though." He raises his hand at me before continuing down the hallway that seems to be closing in.

I wake up to my eight thirty alarm going off, Ken's side of the room still completely empty. I pick her plaque up of the floor before changing into a pair of leggings and one of Ken's soccer jackets. Everything of mine is still packed away, wrinkled and dirty. I need to do laundry today.

I grab my wallet before exiting the room, pulling my hair out of its bun and fixing it to the best I can without a mirror in front of me. Just about everyone stares at me as I shuffle down the hallway, everything including my life a mess.

I didn't leave the building to find Jack last night, everything seemed so far away after mistaking him for another.

I returned to my room, stripped myself of all his clothes and buried them in the bottom of my hamper. I couldn't stand smelling his cologne knowing he was in the same city but not next to me.

Jack and I will never be able to be happy together.

My mind screams coffee as I walk down the curb, cringing when Jack's villa happens to be in the building next to the nearest cafe. I could walk an extra ten miles for a cup of terrible coffee but I need it now, and the faster the better.