𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 61.

"What did you do.." Sam looked at Cyra. She was still holding the gun in her hand.

Sam acted quickly, he fell to his knees next to Karli and started checking her pulse. "What did you do Cyra..." he kept mumbling to himself.

He kept trying to find Karli's pulse but there was no luck. Her eyes were still slightly open but she was long gone.

"What did you do?!" He shouted when he looked up at Cyra.

"You did well daughter." The voice of her father sounded in her head..

"I saved your fucking life! You better be thankful!" She shouted back, throwing the gun on the ground.

"What the hell happened here?" They heard Bucky's voice. He was behind Cyra looking at Sam holding Karli's body in his arms.

Cyra looked back at him but when their eyes met she quickly dodged the eyecontact.

Bucky noticed the gun under Cyra's feet and he no longer needed an answer.

"I did what had to be done." Cyra mumbled coldly.

"You straight shot the girl!" Sam demanded making Cyra even angrier.

"If it wasn't for me you'd be the dead one!" Cyra screamed, stepping closer to Sam but Bucky grabbed her by her elbow, pulling her back.

"Sam that's enough." He stepped in front of Cyra, "We all knew it would end like this. You knew it too. It's over." He spoke with a hard voice.

Sam looked back down at Karli, shaking his head. He closed his eyes shut for a few seconds knowing they were right. He just didn't want it to end like this. He truly believed they could help her.

Sam picked Karli's body up and left.

Cyra gritted her teeth before looking at Bucky. He was standing there with a cold expression on his face.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled harshly, looking away.

"Cyra you saved Sam's life. I'm not angry at you." He grabbed her face and looked into her eyes. He traced the scar across her eye with his thumb before he placed a kiss on her lips. "Let's go."

He started walking away and she followed him outside.

...

They got to the street. It was packed with police officers, journalists, ambulances or just curious people.

They were walking through the crowd.

Sam was walking in front of them while the journalists were bombarding him with questions.

Cyra and Bucky stood in the back while Sam was giving everyone a peace of his mind, they just overheard the end of the conversation.

"Who's in the room with you when you're making decisions? Is it the people you're gonna impact? Or is it people like you? This girl died trying to stop you. And no one's asking why? You've gotta do better senator! You've gotta step up! Because if you don't, the next Karli will. And trust me you don't wanna see that. People believed in her call so much that they helped her go against the strongest governments in the world. Why do you think that is?! You have just as much power as an insane god or a misguided teenager. The question you have to ask is, "How are we gonna use it?" Sam's speech made them all go silent.

He looked around at everyone. They were just standing there, not knowing what to say before he started walking away towards Bucky and Cyra.

He walked past Walker as they both nodded at each other before he got to Bucky.

"Nice job Cap." Bucky gave him a small smile and Sam smiled back at him, "Thanks."

Sam stopped when he was standing in front of Cyra.

"Cyra, I'm sorry for launching out on you."

He said and Cyra just simply nodded. It was a weak moment and she understood.

"Thank you for saving my life." He placed a hand on her shoulder appreciatively.

Cyra looked at Bucky from behind Sam's shoulder. He was glad Sam apologized.

"Can we get out of here now?"  Bucky smiled, grabbing Cyra's hand and pulling her closer to him

"Can we get out of here now?" Bucky smiled, grabbing Cyra's hand and pulling her closer to him.

"You're coming with us?" He looked at Sam but Sam just shook his head, "I still need to do something. You guys go."

Bucky nodded before him and Cyra left the scene.

...
The next day

"What are we doing here?" Cyra asked. They were walking through the hallway of an apartment house.

"I need to do something, please wear this." He handed her a pair of gloves. She raised an eyebrow at him but did as he said. After a few more steps he suddenly stopped in front of one of the apartments before he knocked.

The door opened revealing a short older man, "Hey, what are you doing here?" His eyes lit up when he saw Bucky.

Cyra looked at Bucky. He looked pretty tense.

"Come in it's late." He invited them inside.

The man looked at Cyra with a smile. "Is this your girlfriend? Finally!" He smiled warmly before he looked back at Bucky.

"I... I have to tell you something. About, your son." Bucky spoke quietly while he kept looking at the ground.

Just then Cyra noticed a photo of a young man. It was all starting to make sense.

They both sat behind a table while Cyra stayed standing behind Bucky.

Bucky took off his glove and placed it on the table.

"He was murdered."

"What?" The man frowned.

"By the Winter Soldier. And that was me." He barely managed to get the words out. His voice was so shaky.

Cyra's forehead creased before she hesitantly placed her hand on Bucky's shoulder.

"Why?" The man asked quietly. Tears started to fill up his eyes.

Bucky looked down. His eyes were also becoming teary. It was hard to say it.

"I didn't have a choice." He spoke and the sentence broke Cyra's heart into millions of pieces.

_____

A few of you wanted to see a fight between Bucky and Cyra. Which WILL NOT happen. BUT hypothetically asking, if there was a real ass fight, one lives one dies, who do you think would win, Cyra or Bucky? I'll give you the answer in the next chapter♡