𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 34.

"Apologies if that's a little warm, the fridge is out but I'll see if there is some good food." The old man said as he handed Zemo a glass of champagne.

"Yesli on ne proshel test na zapakh, otdayte im." (If it doesn't pass the smell test, give it to them)

The man laughed, "It's good to have you back sir." And left.

"You don't know what it's like to be locked up in cell. Oh, that's right, you do." Zemo nagged.

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" Sam asked him but Zemo seemed to be busy looking into Bucky's notes.

"I'm sorry I was just fascinated by this. I don't know what to call it but this part seems to be important. Who is Nakajima?" As soon as Zemo asked that question Bucky flew from his seat, grabbing Zemo by the neck.

"You touch that again I'll kill you." He warned him, piercing his eyes through him before he let go and sat back down, still glaring at him.

"I'm sorry, I understand that list of names. People you've killed as the Winter Soldier.."

"Don't push it." Bucky warned him again.

"I've seen that book. It was Steve's when he came out of the ice. I told him about Trouble Man he wrote it in that book. You heard it? What did you think?" Sam smiled at Bucky.

"I like 40s music so.." Bucky shrugged.

"You didn't like it?!"

"I liked it."

"It is a masterpiece James. Complete. Comprehensive. It captures the African-American experience." Zemo joned the conversation.

"He's outta line, but he's right. It's great. Everybody loves Marvin Gaye." Sam nodded.

"I like Marvin Gaye." Bucky squinted his eyes.

"Steve adored Marvin Gaye."

"You must have really looked up to Steven. But I realized something when I met him. The danger with people like him, America's supersoldiers is that we put them on pedestals."

"Watch your steps Zemo." Sam glared at him but Zemo continued,

"They become symbols. Icons. And then we start to forget about their flaws. From there, cities fly, innocent people die, movements exist, wars are fought. You remember that right James? As a young soldier send to stop a mad icon. Do we want to live in a world full of people like the Red Skull? No. That is why we're going to Madripoor."

"What's up with Madripoor? You guys talk about it like it's the the skull islands." Sam looked from Zemo to Bucky.

"It's an island nation in the Indonesian archipelago. It was a pirate refuge back in the 19th century." Bucky was the one to answer.

"No laws exist there but we cannot exactly walk in as ourselves. James, you will have to become someone you claim is gone."

...
Madripoor

They were walking on a bridge. Even from there they could see the wild and colourful city.

"We have to do something about this I'm the only one who looks like a pimp." Sam complained looking at his colorful suit and shoes on a small platform.

"You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing. Sophisticated and charming african man, Conrad Mack. A.k.a the Smiling Tiger." Zemo handed Sam a photo of Conrad.

"He even has a bad nickname. He does look like me though."

"You smell this?" Zemo asked.

"Yeah what is that, acid?" Sam cringed at the smell.