𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22.

She rolled over to her side of the bed. It was already dark outside and they didn't even notice it had rained.

After they both calmed down Cyra sat up, sitting on the side of the bed looking out the window.

He looked to the side,watching her. All the colorful lights from the streets of New York were reflecting on her perfect figure.

She stayed like that for a few minutes,looking out the window while her mind was full of thoughts.

And then when she turned around the soldier was already fast asleep. Suprisingly these last two nights he did not have any nightmares.

She laid down still looking out the the window before drifting off to sleep.

...

The next morning Cyra woke up to hearing a running shower. She sat up running her hands through her yet black hair that hung just by her shoulders before standing up when suddenly the room phone went off.

It could be only one person.

"Cyra." Her father groaned.

"Otets." (Father)

"You're not staying where I told you to!"

"I know. This one was a safer option." She lied, making him go quiet for a few seconds.

"How's the mission?"

"The mission's done. Just like you wanted. Soon even Siberia will hear about it. The newspapers are full of it." 

"I knew I could count on you.. I want you both back by 5 hours." He hung up.

She crushed the phone in her hand with no expression on  her face before noticing the soldier standing in the bathroom door frame.

His eyes told her he knew who was on the other line of the call.

"We're going back tonight." She said casually, avoiding eyecontact.

He clenched his jaw looking away before he stepped closer to her and her eyes pierced through him.

"You really wanna go back.." He frowned.

"What do you mean? We have to go back. So we're going back." 

He shook his head looking away again before sitting down on the bed with his face in his hands.

Cyra just stood there looking at him for a few seconds.

"We can't.." She then mumbled, making him look up at her.

She stepped closer to him looking down at him and then slowly bend down brushing her lips against his as she placed a kiss on them. A simple kiss that seemed to last for hours.

And when she pulled away his eyes opened again. Already missing her lips on his. She had no idea why she did it. But in that second it felt
Like the right thing to do.

"We gotta leave as soon as possible to get home on time." She said.

The word "home" made him frown but he was trying to hide it.

"Are you gonna use it?" He asked her ans she knew immediately what he was talking about.

She grabbed the book and looked at him. "Yes." She said coldly before saying those wicked words.

...

The flight back was as always quiet. Cyra was glaring in front of herself the whole time as if she was fighting
her own self in her mind.

...

They arrived at the base. It was snowing heavily as a bunch of soldiers came out to greet them along with Dmitrij.

They got out stepping in front of him.

Dmitrij eyed them both up and down with his left eyebrow furrowed.

"Get to the cafeteria." He commanded and Cyra nodded,walking inside with the Winter Soldier on their way to the cafeteria where was already almost everyone from their base, waiting for them.

"Privet nashim zimnym soldatam!" (Greetings to our Winter Soldiers!) Dmitrij shouted as his voice sounded through the hall. They stood on the platform again looking down at everyone.

All the people started whistling and screaming.

"S.H.I.E.L.D is weakened and we will continue making it weaker!" He shouted again and the screams got even louder.

"Hail HYDRA!"

...

"This deserved some celebration."  Dmitrij purred gulping down a shot of  vodka. They were sitting at the main table. Him,his two bodyguards,his right hand soldier,Cyra and James.

"On our Winter Soldiers." One of the guards called out laughing as everyone took another shot. The hall was full od people celebrating.

Cyra noticed Dmitrij's gaze focus on James. He was sitting behind the table like a ghost.

"What about you Soldier? Want some?" Dmitrij provoked,knowing well he was not to make choices or agree so he just kept looking at Dmitrij blankly but the pain behind his eyes was more than visible.

Cyra bailed her hands into two hard fists under the table, silently reacting without even realizing it

Dmitrij was even worse when he was drunk.

"I asked you a question." Dmitrij growled leaning closer from across the table. And that's when Cyra stood up abruptly.

"Tomorrow morning's a training. Soldier,come with me." She demanded and he stood up like a puppet following her out while Dmitrij's eyes burned into them.

Truth was she could see the Winter Soldier mode wearing off. They've been in the cafeteria for 3 hours by now.

They got to his cell. She sat him down on the ground since he was dizzy. And when she turned around, ready to leave, she could feel his firm grip on her hand,stopping her.