𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 24.

They were laying in her bed. Her head was on his chest and his arm was around her just like the first time they had woken up next to each other.

Her mind wandered again. She was imagining how she was laying in that bed with Noah only few months ago.

But this felt different.

And for some reason being close to James without having sex wasn't wierd anymore.

"Why did you doub them?" He suddenly asked her quietly, looking at the wall in front of them where was multiple destroyed paintings of the moon.

She winced and he looked at her.

"Mother used to call me her little dark moon when I was a kid." She proceeded to reply after a few seconds.

"Why?" He asked,confused.

"My name means moon. And dark because she knew what I'd become one day." Her voice hardened.

He looked away and back at the wall. There was multiple holes she had punched in. Some were scrapped off with a knife and some smudged with the blood of Cyra's victims.

He furrowed his eyebrows before they both stayed quiet, not saying anything until they fell asleep.

...
The next morning

Cyra's eyes shot open. She looked at the time and sighed in relief. They still had time.

"Wake up." She poked him.

His eyes slowly opened and then closed again. He was too sleepy.

Cyra rolled her eyes. "James get the fuck up."

"Yeah doll." He mumbled and turned around to sleep on his left side.

Cyra's heart stopped.

Doll?

She felt like she just got hit by a truck.

Her alarm brought her back to reality also finally waking James up.

He opened his eyes again looking around.

"We gotta hurry you have to be in the ring in an hour." She was already on her feet when she threw his clothes at him. His pants were still a bit wet from the shower. 

He sat up with a low grunt before he got dressed up.

Cyra opened the door making sure the coast is clear before signalizing him to follow her. Luckily they did not run into anyone.

He got inside the cell and she locked it. They exchanged one last gaze before she walked away.

...

Cyra was playing with her knife, waiting in the hallway. It was supposed to be James's first time in the ring. For her, it was nothing new. Dmitrij often put Cyra there. Just to see her techniques and how fast she's able to get rid of someone. Sometimes it would end in deaths, sometimes in only injuries. Depended on what she felt like doing at the moment.

Her father walked by with his his two guards and James behind them. He wasn't in the killer mode, means he really wanted to see what he can do.

Her eyes met his as she followed them into the training room straight to the arena. There was already everyone waiting. It was packed. People were screaming and cheering, completely thrilled.

Cyra walked up to the ring and opened the metal door, letting James in. She locked the door stepping down on the opposite side of the room from her father, waiting in anticipation.

James was walking around in the ring waiting for anything he'd have to do as Cyra watched him.

One of the guards started letting the men in.

"Ataka!" (Attack) Dmitrij shouted and the fight started. James was handling them like nothing. Which was expected of course. But he wasn't killing them. He was only knocking them out or injuring them so they wouldn't be able to fight anymore. If he was in the Winter Soldier state of mind, it would look differently.

His body flexed every time he launched at someone. He looked like a god next to them all. A walking machine. Unstoppable.

Cyra was watching his every move

Cyra was watching his every move.  Smirking any time he used one of the techniques she had used on him before when she noticed some drunk soldiers throwing bricks at him from outside the ring.

Her eyes flickered with anger.

It wasn't really affecting him. He didn't even seem to mind as he continued destroying his opponents but Cyra's blood boiled.

They were disrespecting a Winter Soldier.

She glanced at Dmitrij but of course he didn't care.

And when she finaly had enough she reached for her gun pointed at the two men and shot their knees. The sound of her gun made everyone fall silent.

The whole room looked at her while she still had the gun pointed at them. She gulped but kept her expression hard as she put the gun back.

"They were interrupting." She casually cleared it up but her father's eyes were already piercing through her. He looked furious.

James was looking right at Cyra too but she held her father's gaze proudly.

It was completely quiet. Only the men's screams could be heard.

Cyra looked to the side for a split second and her eyes met with Noah's

Cyra looked to the side for a split second and her eyes met with Noah's. He was leering provokingly and that was when she realized. She was slowly proving his point without wanting to. And it was becoming dangerous.

"Na segodnya khvatit!" (That's enough for today) Her father called out not taking his eyes off of Cyra. The guards went to take James back to his cell while some of the other soldiers were taking care of the defeated ones.

Everyone in the room started to move except Cyra and Dmitrij.

They were hypnotizing each other from across the room again.

And Cyra knew this wasn't the end.