𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 41.

A few hours later

They got to the place where Donya Madani supposedly passed away.

There were people working, dragging stuff around and little kids playing.

"I'm gonna take a look around up there. See what you can find out here." Sam notified and looked at Bucky, "Keep an eye on him."

Bucky glared at Zemo who just lifted his hands up in the air as if they were about to shoot him. "I'll stay out of your way." Zemo said and started walking forward, singing some song.

Cyra and Bucky exchanged a confused look.

He kept singing the song until he was standing in front of the kids. Their attention was on him as he grabbed a small chair and sat down on it, pulling out a bag of sweets as he spilled some out on other chair.

"Turkish delight. It was my son's favourite." He said and one little girl stepped closer and took one. Cyra and Bucky were watching it all from a far.

"My old friend Donya passed away. Did you know her?" He asked her and she nodded, "Yes."

"I would like to pay my last respects. Do you know where her funeral will be?"

She nodded again and he signalized her to whisper it to him and she did.

"What the hell is he doing?" Bucky asked with a frown on his face as Cyra just grinned, "It's called strategy James."

Right after she said that Sam came to join them.

They saw Zemo stand up and say something to them before he turned around and started walking towards Cyra,Sam and Bucky.

All kids started eating those sweets happily.

"Cute kids." Zemo smiled as he walked past the three of them.

...
Back at the apartment

"Karli is the only one fighting for them. She's not wrong." Sam declared. Sam and Bucky were sitting on couches while Cyra was sitting behind the bar and Zemo was pouring himself a tea.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asked. He looked annoyed and done with everything already.

"For five years people have been welcomed into countries. They had houses and jobs, it wasn't just one community coming together it was the entire world. And then boom, everything went to how it used to be. Atleast Karli's doing something. " Sam tried to prove his point.

"You really think her actions justify her means. Then she's no different than him or anybody else we've fought." Bucky pointed to Zemo with his palm.

"She's different. She's not motivated by the same things." Sam tried to stand his own.

Suddenly Zemo walked up to them, placing a tray with tea on the table.

Bucky glared at him, "That little girl. What'd she tell you?"

Zemo stayed quiet for a second but then he spoke, "The funerall is tomorrow morning."

"You know that Dora is coming for you any minute. They're probably lurking outside right now. Keep talking." Bucky commanded. He looked furious but calm at the same time. It was scary.

"Leaving you to turn on me once we get to Karli. I'd prefer to keep my leverage."

As Zemo said that Bucky stood up, walking around the table to stand in front of him and as he did he grabbed the cup of tea that Zemo was holding and threw it behind him at the wall with such force Zemo jumped and fear was visible all over his face. He definitely wasn't expecting that.