𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 53.

Cyra's eyes shot open. She immediately looked behind her but there was no one. She sighed.

Was she just imagining it or was he really there last night?

...

After she took a shower and avoided everyone the day had already fully began.

Everyone was already there. All those unknown and unfamiliar faces to Cyra. They didn't know who she was so it was unusual for her to see poeple not be afraid of her.

Bucky and Sam just got done moving some stuff as they were sitting down and drinking beer.

"You think Karli is gonna give up?" Bucky asked him but Sam shook his head,

"I think she's gonna double down."

"Zemo and Cyra said there's only one way." Bucky looked straight at Sam and Sam's face hardened. He definitely didn't want Karli dead. He stayed silent but Bucky soon broke the silence as he stood up, "Are you fine with us staying? I'm thinking of catching a flight."

"C'mon just stay here. People in the town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you wear small t-shirts. Or if you have five eyes or your aunt's your mom or-"

Bucky laughed.

"Okay I get it

"Okay I get it. Yeah, I mean, the people are nice." He stated and Sam noticed how he looked around, probably searching for Cyra but she was nowhere in sight at the moment.

"I saw you tonight. Sleeping next to her. Couldn't help yourself?" Sam nagged with an innocent smile but he was talking with a serious tone in his voice.

Bucky shrugged, tilting his head to the side,getting lost in his own thoughts. He didn't really know how to answer.

"I tried to tell her to sleep inside, she refused." Sam said and Bucky just looked away.

"Let's just get back to work." Bucky changed the subject, putting the empty bottle on the ground as he started walking away.

...
3 days later

Cyra joined in to repair the ship but she still wasn't sleeping inside. Her own pride wouldn't let her but she could feel Bucky come every night to lay next to her although he never spoke to her and she didn't either speak to him either. She just felt like if she questioned him about it they would start arguing again. And she did not want to end up in that kind of conversation anymore.

The boat was almost completely done, only a few more trifles had to be dealt with but the boat was functional enough to go on a small cruise. They were now on a break for the night, near a small island.

The sun was slowly getting low. Cyra was sitting on the edge of the boat watching Bucky from a far.

He was playing with a tool key and a small smile appeared on her lips when she saw him flipping the tool like a dagger

He was playing with a tool key and a small smile appeared on her lips when she saw him flipping the tool like a dagger. But her smile soon faded when Sarah approached him. She came smiling as she started speaking to him and then she started laughing, making Bucky laugh too.

God that laugh,

He had the body and reputation of a killer, but his laugh was the most precious and real thing Cyra has ever heard.

Sarah than sat down next to him as she kept on talking before she placed her hand on Bucky's shoulder and Cyra's whole body stiffened. She had seen enough.
She stood up and quietly walked to the back of the boat like a ghost, jumping on top of the edge and with a powerful jump she landed on the land walking into the little forest with the thought of staying there overnight and returning before dawn. She just needed to spend some time alone.

She thought no one saw her but Sam did although he decided not to call for her since he knew she'd return. So he just let her be.

...
Few minutes later

Sam was under the deck, finishing some stuff up when Bucky came down and saw him struggle with tightening some pipes.

Sam was trying to push down on a crowbar so he could do the job but he needed something stronger so he took advantage of Bucky's presence.

"Push on it." Sam said and Bucky placed his hand on it casually and leaned back. He didn't even have to push hard thanks to his strength.

 He didn't even have to push hard thanks to his strength

"Thanks." Sam said when he finally tightened the pipes.

"Yep." Bucky mumbled and pushed on it to make sure it's stable before he picked up the crowbar and put it away. He then walked to the other side when Sam spoke, "Loosen the screws." He handed Bucky a tool key.

"Yeah." Bucky mumbled again and did as he said. Sam scanned his face. He looked out of it. As if something was eating him up. And Sam knew exactly what it was.

"Listen. This is getting ridiculous, what is the matter with you and Cyra?" Sam decided to break the ice and ask straight away.

Bucky took a deepbreath. He didn't really seem like he wanted to talk about it. "When we were in Sokovia we got into an argument. Turns out she hasn't gotten over HYDRA."

Sam gulped and leaned with his back against the wall. "Didn't she say she's trying to change before?"

"She did. That's why it took me out." Bucky looked down.

"Listen maybe I have no right to dig into this but I think she just needs time. If she got out of ice only during the time of the runaway that means she hasn't been out for very long. Just let her process everything. Find peace. I can see how she's always looking out for you and checking up on you. You may have some bad memories of her too but she's the only one that could keep you sane and alive. And flirting with my sister on purpose isn't going to help with that." Sam's voice hardened. He meant every single word.

Bucky stayed looking at the ground while listening as Sam continued,

"You've got your second chance, she deserves one too." Sam's words made Bucky look up.

He stood still for a few seconds, thinking about everything Sam had said as he finally decided to move. He started walking up the small ladder.

Sam's speech opened his eyes.

"She's on the land." Sam called out, making Bucky turn around to look and him and nodd before he dissapeared.