"Sir, you are needed for an emergency." Someone said, not confident in his words.

"What sort of emergency?" Damian clenches his fists.

"Your mother." The servent fiddles with his fingers. "She arrived an hour ago and we have been trying to hold her off but she is threatening to come here herself."

Damian sighs. "I will be down in five."

"Thank you, my Lord." The servant bows and scrambles away.

Damian closes the door and walks over to his closet. He comes out a second later, dressed in formal League attire.

"I will be gone the rest of the morning. Stay in this room and rest. If you need anything, ask a servant to fetch it for you." He instructs.

"Why do I have to stay here? I feel fine." I protest.

"You might feel fine, but it is dangerous going out. Especially when my mother is around. Don't leave this room and no matter what, stay away from my mother." He warns.

"Why can't I meet your mother?" I question.

"She is not the type of person I want you around." He turns back at me and his face relaxes. "Rest. When I get back tonight I will take you on a personal tour of my palace."

"Alright." I nod. There was no point in arguing anymore.

"Alright." He kisses my forehead and leaves.

I am left alone. The room seems empty now that Damian is gone, but I push the lonely thoughts from my mind. I get off the bed and straighten the sheets and bed cover-up, then I pick up and fold the blankets that were on the ground.

There was a knock at the door.

"Hello?" I say, opening it a bit.

"Good morning, ma'am." A maid bowed. "Our Lord asked us to bring you a change of clothes and some breakfast." I see the tray of food and a box on a small table.

I nod and let them into the room.

They set up the food and bring it over to the small table for me. "Enjoy, ma'am."

"Thank you." I nod.

"Would you like any assistance getting ready this morning?" She asked politely.

"I will be fine. Thank you." I answer. "You may go."

"If you need anything, I will be outside the door." She bows and leaves.

Breakfast was huge and far more than what I could eat. I eat what I can and put the food back on the tray. I open the door to the hallway where the maid rushed over to me. I hand over the tray, and after being told that I should have just let her clean up the food, I went back inside the room to change.

I picked up the box and set it on the bed. I lifted the lid from the box, only to reveal an elegant purple floor-length dress with sleeves. Touching the fabric, I could tell it was going to be a warm dress.

I smiled and brought it fully out of the box to examine it. Once satisfied by it, I walked into the bathroom and changed.

I was right and the dress instantly warmed me.

Somehow it was a perfect size and flattered me. I twirled in the mirror, watching the way that it flowed. When I walked out of the bathroom, I noticed someone sitting in a chair. I had never seen them before.

It was an elegant woman with dark black hair with grey streaks. She had green eyes and her posture was very familiar. Even though Damian said I shouldn't be around his mother, he never said that she would be the one to find me.