51.2:"Burden on the hearts".

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" His aunt asked

His father explains the whole story but the anger in his aunt's eyes didn't fade.

"I told you to marry again". His aunt said, "If you had married someone, she would have taught your daughter something. Maya will become just like her if she isn't punished for her actions".

He saw his sister eyes filling with tears as she runs away to her room. His body stiffened hearing his aunt addressing his mother like that.

"Look how she went away without greeting us and talking to us". His aunt taunted, "If you don't look at her properly, she will turn out just like her mother".

"Maybe my mother went away because of your constant-".

He was about to speak back at her for insulting his mother when his father sent a look at him and he shuts his mouth. He decided it was best to look after his sister instead of staying here so he left. He enters her room quietly looking around to find her nowhere.

Maya holds the phone to her ear as tears rolled down her face, "She is bad. She always degrades me. She says all kind of bad stuff about my face, weight, studies, clothes and everything. It's so stressful. I don't know what to do. Can you help me, Appi?"

He frowns when he heard his sister voice from inside the closet and the only person his sister had called sister is her.

No way.

She took a deep breath, "It's all of us, Maya. We all have been subjected to this discrimination all the time". She sighs heavily knowing she can't break a young girl just because of her scars, "Put your phone on speaker, please". She heard her cries as she did what was asked of her, "Take a deep breath. I know it's hard for you to calm yourself. And I know you don't know why they did it and why it is always you who has to go through it. But you know what you look like to me?"

"What?" Maya said crying harder as she tries to follow her instructions

"A mouse".

"I am not a mouse".

She laughs lowly, "Yes, you are. You know what a mouse is good at?"

"What?" Maya said interested in where this was going

"Annoying people". She said softly, "If you don't know why someone does something to you. And you can't find a way out of it. It is best to annoy them back. Even if you are small and insignificant to them, you still have the potential to annoy them".

"What if Baba and Bhai get mad at me?"

"I don't think they will. All I know they will be on the front seat of the show". She said thoughtfully, "But, in case, I am not asking you to start continuous fights because that will only affect you more. I am not asking you to disrespect them, because that will not do you any good. I am asking you to annoy them. Do exactly what they ask you not to do. Show them their words means nothing and if there is a limit, they cross, then it's showtime. You get me?"

Maya nodded, "I do".

"Let me tell you the last thing. People don't dislike or hate you because you are in wrong. It is because that's what they are best at. They like bringing people down and they enjoy watching others in pain. It is sick but that is the world". She said sighing, "To me, you are a beautiful young girl with a bright future ahead of you. You have a beautiful family and beautiful life that many will love to have. So, don't look at people who don't matter and live as you want to, ok?"

"Ok". Maya said wiping her tears

"Good. Now, be a good girl and wash your face. Once you are done, walk confidently outside, look in their eyes and ask your brother to take you out for dinner". She said as she stands in front of her house, "I have to go now. But if you need me, I am here".