☽︎Lunar Ellipse☾︎

...

Scott, Stiles, and Allison sat up from the water with a gasp. They looked around as they stood up from the water, the water cascading down their clothes and onto the floor as they stepped out. They weren't in the animal clinic anymore. Instead it was a big, open space bathed completely in white. White square tiles on the ceiling, white walls, white pillars, scuffed white linolium. It was like an empty department store. There was nothing but them, the tubs, and when they looked behind them, the Nemeton. Together they walked up to the large, ancient stump. Scott looked at the many rings on the surface and then looked at his tattoo, remembering when Derek asked about it.

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know. It's just... Something I traced with my fingers." Scott reached over to the old table beside them and drew a small circle with one finger and a bigger one around it with two in the dust and dirt.

Scott looked back at the tree as the other two got closer behind him. He reached a hand forward and laid it on the rough surface. Suddenly they're transported to their past.

Stiles looked up and found himself in the woods at night. He looked around when voices caught his attention.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked with worry in his tone.

"You're the one who's always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles shot back.

"He's kinda got you there Scotty." Y/n agrees.

The younger version of Stiles, Y/n, and Scott were walking through the woods.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

The younger Stiles started running.

"Stiles!" Scott calls but he doesn't answer.

"I'll go after him."

The younger Y/n followed him with grumbles of protest.

"Wait up! Stiles!"

"Stiles, stop!" Y/n's forceful tone finally gets him to slow to a walk, looking behind him. Y/n catches up just as a dog barks at him, scaring him into falling back, which happened to be right into Y/n, sending both teens to the ground.

"Hang on, hang on! This little delinquent belongs to me."

"Get off me, you oaf! You're crushing my ribs."

"Dad, how are you doing?"

"Well, young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car. And you and I are gonna have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy. And you, missy, I'm gonna give you a ride back home."

Stiles watched the scene until one of the flashlight beams shined on him and made him step back. The people are gone and he backs up into something, turning and finding the Nemeton.