☽︎The Tell☾︎

"Just a friendly reminder- parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Y/n rolled her eyes at Mr. Harris' snide comments. She really couldn't stand him. If he hated children as much as he acts like he does, why is he even a teacher? Probably because he enjoys being a huge d- "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" Her internal insults are cut off when Mr. Harris stands next to the table her and Stiles are seated at and notices the boys absence.

He stares at Stiles who is preoccupied highlighting his textbook, the cap held between his lips. Seeming to feel the teacher's stare Stiles looks up at him. Everyone's attention is drawn to the opening of the door as Jackson walks in. Y/n furrows her brows at his unusually pale complection. Stiles had told her what he'd seen with his dad the night before and it worried her, especially because she hasn't heard from or seen Lydia at all today.

Jackson takes his seat and Mr. Harris puts a comforting hand on his back. "Hey, Jackson. If you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know." Y/n rolled her eyes again. Wow, one teenager Mr. Harris doesn't hate. Jackson nodded and Mr. Harris walked to the front again. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine." He stopped at his desk, his back still facing the students. "Mr. Stilinski." Stiles looked up again from his highlighting after being called. "Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's Chemistry, not a coloring book."

Stiles looked at him before throwing his head back to spit the cap out in the air and catch it in his hand. Stiles then leaned towards Danny who sat behind him. "Hey, Danny. Can I ask you a question?" He whispered.

"No." He responded and Y/n smiled into her textbook.

"Well, I'm going to anyway. Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?"

Danny sighed. "No."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"The answer's still no."

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson and last night?"

"He wouldn't... Tell me."

"But he's your best friend."

"Some things you can't tell or talk about. Even to your best friend." Y/n whispered, not lifting her eyes from her book, and Stiles glanced at her.

"One more question."

"What?" Danny sounded a bit irritated.

"Do you find me attractive?" Danny didn't answer and Stiles leaned forward in anticipation. Y/n caught him before he fell but he still made a loud noise with his chair and bumped the table. He scrambled up in his chair and fixed himself from his little flub.

...

The bell rings and Y/n and Stiles walk together down the halls. "Why is he not answering?"

"My guess? He's with Allison. I haven't seen her today either and it's her birthday so he probably took her out on an adorkable date."

Stiles sighed in frustration and dialed Scott again. "What?" Y/n heard Scott's irritable answer.

"Finally! Have you been getting any of my texts?"

"Yeah, like all 9 million of them."

"Do you have any idea what's going on? Lydia is totally M.I.A., Jackson looks like he's got a time bomb inserted into his face, another random guy's dead, and you have to do something about it."

"Like what?"

"Something."

"Okay, I'll deal with it later." Scott hasitly hung up and Stiles shoved his phone in his pocket upset.