☽︎Muted☾︎

...

Y/n trugded behind Scott and Stiles as they head to the lacrosse field with their gear. It's her usual routine to watch them as they practice, tryout, and play, and she appreciates the moment of normalcy. A reprieve from her life as a supernatural. It was nice, especially listening to Scott and Stiles talk about their current positions on the team. "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles said.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team." Scott responded. "He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway."

"Did you tell Argent yet?" Y/n wondered as she looked at Scott.

"Uh, I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles asked.

"I didn't have the money to call France."

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

"You got another notice?" Y/n asked with a frown.

"Yeah, this one said, 'final'." He sighed. Y/n sighed as well. She wished she could help the Stilinski's with their financial troubles, but even if she could, she didn't even know where to start. "Now, what the hell are we doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on a lacrosse team is not one of them."

Y/n and Scott looked passed him with wide eyes as they saw the small batch of freshman, one in particular making a stunning impression. "Uh, baby, maybe it should be." Stiles furrowed his brows at her before turning around to see what she and his best friend were seeing. Garrett, one of the new students and potential lacrosse players, threw a ball towards the goal, but it didn't find it's mark as the goalie swiftly caught it. Him and another boy continuously threw shots yet the goalie caught every single one, not even one of them making it past his perimeter. "That's pretty impressive."

Stiles gave his girlfriend a wide-eyed look before turning back to the field. "Who the hell is that?"

The goalie took his helmet off to reveal a blue-eyed, baby-faced freshman who was beaming with pride. "Nice, Liam!" Garrett praised. "You might just be our first ever freshman captain."

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles claimed as he and Scott went out to the field.

"Good luck!" Y/n called as she took a seat. They didn't seem to need it as they watched the new recruit more than actually practiced, and when practice was over they dragged her into the locker room with them after most of the players had changed.

Liam had been changing his shirt when he turned to see the three juniors, quickly pulling his shirt down the rest of the way when he saw one of them was a girl. A very pretty girl at that. She seemed uninterested in being there while the two guys on either side of her looked interrogative, almost accusatory. "Hey, Liam." Stiles called. "You want to explain what that was out there?"